The Ableton Live 9 Standard Music Production Software is the latest version of the revolutionary software that countless producers, musicians use to create, experiment, record and perform. With exciting new sounds, tools and an improved workflow, Ableton Live 9 is ready to be put to work and is sure to inspire your creativity like never before!
Live 9 Standard comes with over 1,100 production ready sounds, a huge selection of loops, plus 37 effects so you can get the sound in your head into your song. Work with instruments and effects the way you want to. This software provides easy and flexible ways for combining and integrating all kinds of devices including external hardware and instruments.
Ableton Live 9 Standard Music Production Software Features
New In Live 9
- Unique Session View for quick, intuitive composition, flexible performance and improvisation
- Over 1,100 sounds and 37 effects
- Unlimited audio and MIDI tracks
- Multitrack recording up to 32-bit/192 kHz
- Extract harmony, melody or drums from an audio sample and convert it to MIDI
- Nondestructive editing with unlimited undo
- Powerful MIDI sequencing of software and hardware instruments
- Advanced warping and real-time time-stretching
- Unlimited Instruments, Audio effects and MIDI effects per project
- VST and Audio Unit support
- Automatic plug-in delay compensation
- MIDI remote control instant mapping
- MIDI output to hardware synths
- MIDI Clock/sync
- Multicore/multiprocessor support
- WAV, AIFF, MP3, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC file support
Record automation into clips. Edit automation with curves. Session View automation lets you capture your performance or add movement to your loops. Use curves to make automation more musical.
Live’s unique Session View makes it easy to improvise with musical ideas. In Ableton Live 9, you can now record parameter changes directly into Session View for even more flexibility. Edit automation curves with the mouse to create smooth mix transitions or radical parameter changes in your clips.
In one click, create new Session View scenes from your Arrangement tracks, or drag and copy individual clips from Arrangement to Session. The automation comes with them, making it easier than ever to move from improvising to arranging and back.
Reclaim the music in your samples
Live 9’s new tools for converting audio to MIDI give you unprecedented flexibility to extract musical ideas from your samples and build upon them! Convert your favorite drum break with the Drums-to-MIDI feature and reuse it with your own sounds. Speed up your remixing work by using Harmony-to-MIDI to get the notes and chords from the original audio stems. Or simply seed your creativity with inspiring, natural-feeling MIDI grabbed directly from the most exciting parts of your music collection.
These great new features also allow you to sketch out ideas quickly by singing or beatboxing into Live 9 and converting your recording to MIDI. Sing, beatbox, tap a rhythm on your desk, or play any solo instrument to capture your musical ideas as they come. Then use the Melody- or Drums-to-MIDI feature to turn your recordings into MIDI clips that you can edit and reuse with any sound!
Find sounds fast
With Ableton Live 9’s new browser, you’ll spend less time finding sounds and more time making music. Live 9’s browser puts all of your instruments and effects, samples, Packs and VST/Audio Units plug-ins in one easy-to-navigate view. Drag and drop folders into the browser from anywhere on your computer. Search as you type, navigate from the keyboard and sort items by various categories.
Play new sounds
Live 9 Standard comes with more than 1,100 production-ready sounds that give you the full range of vintage synthesizers, drum kits and one-shot samples, acoustic instruments and loops - all powered by Live's built-in synthesizers and effects so they can be tweaked and personalized. All sounds are organized for Live 9's new browser and work seamlessly with all common hardware controllers.
Browse the Pack store at ableton.com to find even more amazing sounds - signature drum kits by Daniel Miller, Soniccouture, Flatpack and Puremagnetik, new tempo-synched loop collections and high-end multisampled instruments specifically designed for Ableton Live.
Get your sound right
The analog-modeled Glue Compressor and redesigned studio effects help you get a better sound in less time. Ableton Live 9’s new Glue Compressor, developed in collaboration with Cytomic, is modeled on a classic 80s console bus compressor, both for its great sound and also to provide musical results with a simple set of controls. Live’s studio effects - Compressor, Gate and EQ Eight - have been improved with new displays, enhanced controls and better sound, making it easier to see and hear your changes.
Edit the details
Powerful MIDI note manipulation tools and an improved editing workflow help you create new musical ideas fast.
- Transform MIDI notes: New controls in the MIDI editor let you quickly invert, reverse, transpose and speed up or slow down selected MIDI notes in a single click.
- Move notes on and off the grid: Beats are easier to see when editing, and editing grids are now ‘sticky,’ allowing notes to be freely moved and resized while still snapping when close to grid lines.
- Stretch MIDI notes: MIDI Note Stretch markers let you speed up, slow down - or even reverse - selected MIDI notes.
- Warp clip automation: Audio clip automation is warped alongside the audio itself. Envelopes in MIDI clips can be stretched using MIDI stretch markers.
- Edit automation more easily: Add or remove breakpoints with a single click. Hover the mouse near envelope segments to select and drag them without using a modifier.
- Add curves to automation: Hold a modifier while dragging to create and edit curves in automation envelopes.