Ableton Suite 8 Music Production Software
The Ableton Suite 8 Music Production Software is a package which gives you a rich world of sound, perfectly complementing the tools and features in Live 8.
Suite 8 includes Live 8 software and 10 instruments, including a wide range of synths, a powerful sampler, electric and acoustic drums, mallets and numerous sampled instruments. Suite 8 provides all a musician could hope for.
Live 8 Software
Ableton Live 8 Music Production Software is revolutionary software that allows you to spontaneously compose, record, remix, improvise and edit your musical ideas in a seamless audio/MIDI environment.
The winner of countless industry awards, Live integrates loop-based and linear production methodologies, including unique virtual instruments and effects, together in a single interface for unparalleled creative freedom.
New features in Live 8 include Movie Import, Deep Freeze editing technology, multicore/multiprocessor support, new and improved Ableton Devices, project management tools, and a comprehensive collection of instruments sampled at supreme fidelity. Live 8 is a complete music production system and works perfectly with Pro Tools M-Powered.
Ableton Suite 8's library completely surpasses everything that Ableton has ever offered before. With the creative professional in mind, Ableton has put together a well-balanced and comprehensive tool set and, above all, a wide-ranging set of beautiful sounds.
- 1,600 Expressive Sounds: Ableton has worked with some of the world's top sound designers to create a comprehensive set of truly useful, high-end sounds, each one an instrument in its own right. The sounds are provided as instrument Racks with a finely calibrated combination of instruments and effects.
- Library Info Texts: Many resources now have descriptive Info Texts explaining the characteristics and structure of the sound or Rack, so you know what the sound is before you load it.
- Versatile Configuration Options: All instrument racks feature thoughtfully mapped Macro controls for both subtle and dramatic adjustments without the confusion of too much detail. For detail, just open up the rack and get in close.
- Effect Racks for professional-grade mastering, mixing and creative sound processing.
- Construction Kits: Flexible song kits containing loops and phrases in a number of styles. A useful resource for getting started or for firing up your imagination.
- Sound Objects Lite: To complement and extend the synthesized sounds, Ableton and SonArte have worked together to produce a tool kit of real-world object recordings for advanced sound design.
- 440 MB of abstract, experimental loops from renowned music software pioneers Cycling '74.
- Over 400 loops and samples from Zero-G in a wide range of styles, including smooth '70s grooves, gritty hip hop and edgy, abstract weirdness.
- Thousands of Single-Device Presets: Simple components for making new sounds and exploring synthesis.
- Clearly Organized Library: All resources organized pragmatically and sensibly.
- Song Templates: Practical templates for different recording scenarios (e.g. 8-track recording), with pre-configured tracks and routing.
Collision is a unique instrument for authentic mallet sounds and creative percussion. Co-developed with AAS, it uses physical modeling technology to reproduce real-world instruments such as xylophones, marimbas and glockenspiels, but also provides enough depth to create truly dramatic new instruments and sounds. Unlike sampled instruments, this creates dynamic, living and breathing sounds that add an organic feel to your compositions. Corpus, a separate effect that reproduces Collision's resonator section, widens the scope even further, giving you a far-reaching sonic continuum from authentic, real-world sounds to exotic, experimental effects.
- A completely new instrument, uniquely in tune with Ableton Live's workflow and intuitive user interface
- The comprehensive preset collection includes xylophone, glockenspiel, marimba, balaphone, vibraphone and toms
- Physical modeling synthesis allows you to tweak Collision's parameters in real time
- Exciter Section: This has two oscillators. The first models the beater, or whatever is used to hit the playing surface. By modifying the stiffness and the noise settings, you effectively control the beater material or type. For example, you can increase the stiffness to simulate a metallic beater or add noise to simulate a beater with a felt surface. The second oscillator in the Exciter section is a noise oscillator with envelope and multimode filter controls. This is great for getting creative and adding a unique edge to your sounds.
- Resonator Section: This features two polyphonic resonators arranged in series or parallel. These resonators model the playing surface and any additional resonating body. Choose from seven different resonator models.
- You can also control hitting and listening positions, decay, brightness and inharmonics. Each resonator type has its own parameters for controlling the virtual shape and size of the resonator.
- Resonators have pitch envelopes featuring two LFOs with multiple modulation types
- Many parameters can be modulated via key tracking, velocity and MIDI controllers for expressive, dynamic playing
Corpus is a virtual resonator or soundbox with a life of its own. Independent of Collision, you can use Corpus to add physical modeling characteristics to audio material or place it behind any virtual instrument to create complex resonances. You can avoid some tricky mic setups and studio workarounds simply by using Corpus instead. To round things off, Corpus' secret weapon is a MIDI sidechain input. Use this to control the pitch of the resonances produced and give pitched resonances to unpitched percussion.
- Use independently of Collision to apply physical modeling characteristics to audio material
- True stereo processing of the incoming signal and full control over the stereo width of the wet signal
- Full access to all of Collision's resonator models
- Features a MIDI sidechain input for controlling the tuning of the resonators
- Spread parameter to detune left and right channel resonances
- Dual LFO: Create interesting stereo effects by applying various phase settings
- Post-effect filter section for coloring the wet signal
Latin Percussion is a collection of acoustic percussion instruments such as congas, bongos, timbales, claves, shakers, tambourines and bells from the worlds of Brazilian, Afro-Cuban and African music. It also comes with clips and grooves, so you don't only get the drums, you also get the drummer.
More Operator, More Power
- 1 GB of carefully sampled percussion covering 107 instruments in 24bit/48kHz stereo
- 8 multi-articulation kits and 32 instrument groups provide variety and plenty of potential for customization
- Kits and instruments are configured as Drum Racks, so it's easy to hook up your hardware and start playing
- 50 clips of patterns and phrases demonstrating and providing authentic use of the sounds
- A set of grooves to add some Latin feel to your drum patterns
- Up to 8 articulations per instrument including Slap, Mute, Flam, Heel, Stick and Shake
- Up to 20 velocity layers and up to 4 alternating hits per instrument for dynamic and authentic playing
Operator, Ableton's renowned do-it-all synthesizer, has been given a major overhaul. We opened up the hood, took a long hard look inside and did some serious hot-rod stuff. New filter types, more modulation routing options and additive wavetable synthesis with drawable partials make Operator more powerful and flexible than ever.
- User Waveforms: Draw your own waveforms by adjusting the amplitudes of each oscillator's harmonics. You can also edit the built-in waveforms. Feedback is now available for all oscillators that are not being modulated by another oscillator.
- New Filter Types: New ladder modes and SVF filters bring the total number of Operator's filter types to fourteen. There is also a frequency response curve view in the filter display and an integrated waveshaper in the filter, featuring an adjustable drive amount and four curve shapes.
- The filter, LFO and pitch envelopes now feature Adjustable Slopes, like those found in Sampler.
- There's a MIDI Modulation Section in the global display, with multiple destination and amount settings for five MIDI control sources. We've also added new modulation options for the LFO and pitch envelope.