Ableton Live 9 Suite Music Production Software
Get the full collection of instruments, sounds, audio and MIDI effects with Ableton Live 9 Suite Music Production Software! You get over 3,000 sounds including vintage synths and acoustic instruments, 390 drum kits, 4,000 incredible loops, and that’s just the start. Live 9 Suite also includes Max for Live, based on Cycling 74's Max 6, which gives you access to all of the 900+ devices built by the Max for Live community from inspiring synths, effects and customizations, as well as a toolkit for building your own.
Ableton Live 9 Suite gives you the power to create, produce and perform like never before. Create ideas, make changes without stopping, and capture everything as you work. Work with instruments and effects the way you want to. Live 9 Suite provides easy and flexible ways for combining and integrating all kinds of devices.
Ableton Live 9 Suite Music Production Software Features
What’s New in Live 9 Suite
- Unique Session View for quick, intuitive composition, flexible performance and improvisation
- Multitrack recording up to 32-bit/192 kHz
- Nondestructive editing with unlimited undo
- Powerful MIDI sequencing of software and hardware instruments
- Advanced warping and real-time time-stretching
- Unlimited Instruments, Audio effects and MIDI effects per project
- VST and Audio Unit support
- Time signature changes
- Multiple automation lanes
- Automatic plug-in delay compensation
- MIDI remote control instant mapping
- MIDI output to hardware synths
- MIDI Clock/sync
- Multicore/multiprocessor support
- WAV, AIFF, MP3, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC file support
Record automation into clips. Edit automation with curves. Session View automation lets you capture your performance or add movement to your loops. Use curves to make automation more musical.
Live’s unique Session View makes it easy to improvise with musical ideas. In Ableton Live 9, you can now record parameter changes directly into Session View for even more flexibility. Edit automation curves with the mouse to create smooth mix transitions or radical parameter changes in your clips.
In one click, create new Session View scenes from your Arrangement tracks, or drag and copy individual clips from Arrangement to Session. The automation comes with them, making it easier than ever to move from improvising to arranging and back.
Reclaim the music in your samples
Convert your favorite drum break with the Drums-to-MIDI feature and reuse it with your own sounds. Speed up your remixing work by using Harmony-to-MIDI to get the notes and chords from the original audio stems. Or simply seed your creativity with inspiring, natural-feeling MIDI grabbed directly from the most exciting parts of your music collection.
Sketch out ideas quickly by singing or beatboxing into Live 9 Suite and converting your recording to MIDI. Your voice is the new keyboard: sing, beatbox, tap a rhythm on your desk, or play any solo instrument to capture your musical ideas as they come. Then use the Melody- or Drums-to-MIDI feature to turn your recordings into MIDI clips that you can edit and reuse with any sound.
Find sounds fast
Live 9 Suite’s new browser puts all of your instruments and effects, samples, Packs and VST/Audio Units plug-ins in one easy-to-navigate view. Drag and drop folders into the browser from anywhere on your computer. Search as you type, navigate from the keyboard and sort items by various categories.
Play new sounds
Live 9 Suite comes with more than 3000 production-ready sounds that give you the full range of vintage synthesizers, drum kits and one-shot samples, acoustic instruments and loops - all powered by Live's built-in synthesizers and effects so they can be tweaked and personalized. All sounds are organized for Ableton Live 9's new browser and work seamlessly with all common hardware controllers.
Browse the Pack store at ableton.com to find even more amazing sounds - signature drum kits by Daniel Miller, Soniccouture, Flatpack and Puremagnetik, new tempo-synched loop collections and high-end multisampled instruments specifically designed for Ableton Live.
Get your sound right
Ableton Live 9’s new Glue Compressor, developed in collaboration with Cytomic, is modeled on a classic 80s console bus compressor, both for its great sound and also to provide musical results with a simple set of controls. Live’s studio effects - Compressor, Gate and EQ Eight - have been improved with new displays, enhanced controls and better sound, making it easier to see and hear your changes.
Edit the details
Powerful MIDI note manipulation tools and an improved editing workflow help you create new musical ideas fast.
Max for Live 9
- Transform MIDI notes: New controls in the MIDI editor let you quickly invert, reverse, transpose and speed up or slow down selected MIDI notes in a single click.
- Move notes on and off the grid: Beats are easier to see when editing, and editing grids are now 'sticky,' allowing notes to be freely moved and resized while still snapping when close to grid lines.
- Stretch MIDI notes: MIDI Note Stretch markers let you speed up, slow down - or even reverse - selected MIDI notes.
- Warp clip automation: Audio clip automation is warped alongside the audio itself. Envelopes in MIDI clips can be stretched using MIDI stretch markers.
- Edit automation more easily: Add or remove breakpoints with a single click. Hover the mouse near envelope segments to select and drag them without using a modifier.
- Add curves to automation: Hold a modifier while dragging to create and edit curves in automation envelopes.
Max for Live, based on Cycling 74's Max 6, is now included with Live 9 Suite. Get access to all of the 900+ devices built by the Max for Live community. Explore new Suite devices. Get 26 new instruments and effects with Max for Live - including Convolution Reverb and Drum Synth
Because Live 9 Suite comes with Max for Live included, it comes with 26 new devices built with Max for Live. These include synths and effects, but also LFOs, envelopes, note delays and control modifiers to bring new expressive and creative possibilities.