Access Virus TI2 Polar Keyboard Synthesizer; A totally integrated compact synth.
After the Virus TI many wondered in what direction Access would take their highly acclaimed integrated synthesizers and now they're here! The Virus TI2 Polar Keyboard synthesizer is built for the road, a compact synth with 37 keys makes it a true contender for traveling electronic enthusiasts.
The TI2 provides 25% higher calculating power and a redesigned housing and front panel. Access TI2 also has used lighter materials to bring down the weight of the keyboard synth to make it easier to take along on gigs or anywhere you may need some electonic audio to give you peace of mind.
Acces Virus TI2 Polar Features
- Classic signature sound with:
- Outstanding oscillators
- Amazing filters
- Breathtaking effects
- Fine tuned for professional performance
- 7000+ presets with one of the largest free sound libraries anywhere
- Utilizes two parallel and highly specialized Freescale signal processors
- Total Integration allows you to stream audio directly to an audio channel
- Adds crystal clear sound, sample accurate timing and total recall
- Part offer their own chain of independent effects including reverb and delay
- Atomizer: Use keys to play what others can only cut and paste in their DAWs
- Wavetables, hypersaw, grain- and formant table oscillators
- Section Locking allows you to keep the pattern but change the sound
- Ultra fast response whether switching menus or loading a multi mode patch
- Assignable knobs for your favorite sound shaping functions
- Tough metal housing is made of metal, ensuring road-worthy reliability
OS3 is compatible with all legacy Virus TIs enabling Access' vast user base to update their existing instruments with all the upgraded software features totally free of charge. The operating system adds several FX such as a Tape Delay, Frequency Shifter and several new Distortion algorithms along with a new feature called Character.
- Character allows you to adjust the overall tone of a preset reminiscent of several vintage and well-known synthesizers. In addition you can emphasis certain aspects of the patch to allow it to cut better through the mix, or fade it into the background with an extra-wide stereo field. The new distortions were built from scratch and feature an extreme dynamic range along with sophisticated controls to tailor the sound to your specific needs. They can add everything from warm, tube-like overtones to complete sonic deconstruction more reminiscent of circuit-bending. The new algorithms also include a revamped bit and sampling-rate reduction, allowing you to change the quality and cutoff point with precise, continuously variable control.
- Stereo Frequency Shifter and the Ring Modulator are state of the art algorithms modelled with old '70s stomp boxes in mind.
- The Tape Delay goes way beyond the possibilities of the real Tape Delays in the '60s and '70s. It smoothly syncs to tempo, lets you decide if a Doppler effect takes place when changing the tempo, and even switching the delay time between presets is all smooth, making it perfect for performers. Last but not least, a modification to the main VCA algorithm enables OS3 users to design gating FX known from electro and minimal influenced music.
Virus Control has received a completely redesigned user-interface thanks to various improvement requests over the last years. The plug-in now features a side chain input allowing you to mangle audio from a sequencer track with the FX and sound engine of the hardware Virus (for selected hosts only).