Akai MPC1000 Production Station Sampler
The Akai MPC1000 is Back In Black, with a big-time V2.0 update! A laptop-size MPC!
The Akai MPC1000 inherits many of the major features of the larger Akai MPC’s, but in a compact (approx. 9x13") package that makes it ideal for travel. It is also a worthy alternative to computer-based systems. The MPC1000 provides the revolutionary MPC60's feel & groove and features “Note Repeat”, plus compact flash card storage, 2 Q-Link sliders, USB connectivity, two separate multi-effects processors (plus a master output effects processor!), resonant multi-mode filters, and 4-way sample layering and velocity switching per pad. I/Os includes 2 MIDI Ins & Outs (32 MIDI channels!), SPDIF I/O (RCA), 1/4" stereo analog output plus 4 individual outs. The MPC1000 comes with 16MB of RAM (expandable to 128MB) and a 32MB CF card (verified compatibility with 2GB cards) as well as the ability to add an internal hard drive for more storage (optional). The best news of all is that all this power now costs less than ever before. So, if you have ever dreamed of buying into the MPC legend to realize your musical ambitions, now is your chance!
New V2.0 Features
- Added delay effect
- Added timestretch and pitch shift (offline)
- Added ability to reverse samples
- Added ability to slice samples and create patched phrases
- Real-time modulation with Q-Link
- Added Input thru
- Added HDD support
- Added timestretch and pitch shift (offline)
- Added Track velocity field on [MAIN] screen
- Added ability to audition samples directly from CF and HD
- Added ability to adjust trim points with Q-Link sliders
- Added Mixer automation
- Added LFOs
- Added Velocity > Start and Velocity > Pitch modulation
- Added 'delete' and 'silence' option for [TRIM] 'edit' window
- Added ability to change sequences by external MIDI program change
- Added [NOTE REPEAT] hold.
- Added .snd file support
- Added multiple edit of 'shift timing', 'velocity' and 'duration' at [SEQ EDIT] mode
- Added tempo sync of 'flying pan' and 'Tremolo' effect
- Added note range selection for 'View' field in [STEP EDIT] mode
- Added a shortcut between [MIXER] and [EFFECT] mode
- Added multiple pad selection in [MIXER] mode with shift button
- Added sequence parameter 'copy'
- Added program based Mono/Poly setup
- Added specific event type selection in [ERASE] window
- Added 'repeat' option for Footswitch
Check out the in-depth comparison chart for all the MPC's that Akai makes.
Use it to find out exactly how much power you need!
Akai MPC1000 Features
- Established friendly and intuitive user interface of MPC series.
- Easy-to-use MIDI sequencer/drum sampler offering a great alternative to complex computer based products.
- Great-feeling, velocity and pressure sensitive pads for expressive programming.
- A 16 levels function giving you one sound on all pads with varied level, tuning, attack, decay or filter per pad.
- Two separate effects processors and one main out effect processor; all which can be used simultaneously.
- 4-pole filters (two 2-pole filters) filtering for each of the 32 voices.
- Two Q-Link sliders for realtime performance control.
- 2 x MIDI In and 2 x MIDI Out.
- 32 MIDI channels.
- 16MB RAM standard, expandable to 128MB.
- Internal preset sounds in flash.
- Save/load your sound and sequence data to/from Compact Flash.
- Portable laptop size – ideal for taking your act on the road.
In 1988, Akai professional introduced the now legendary MPC60 to the world. The MPC60 didn’t just change the way we worked - it actually created new styles of music never before imagined, styles of music that have evolved over the years but are as relevant today as they were 18 years ago when the MPC concept was born.
During this period, the MPC has become a household name the world over amongst discerning musicians, producers and DJs working in a wide range of musical genres and even though the MPC series has developed over the years to incorporate the latest technologies, it has always retained it’s uniqueness and has never been successfully copied.
However, in building bigger and better machines, Akai realized that (despite what some might say!) size isn’t everything when customers started asking for a compact, portable 'laptop' size MPC!
Enter the MPC1000.
Small and perfectly formed (and not much bigger than an A4 sheet of paper), this diminuitive MPC is not some compromised little runt of the litter as you might expect. On the contrary - the MPC1000 inherits many of the major features of its older, bigger siblings but in a compact form factor that makes it ideal for carrying around... to your friends, to a gig, to a session… wherever. And it’s a creditable alternative to computer based systems
As part of its lineage, the MPC1000 features the sixteen characteristic velocity and pressure sensitive pads that have been an established (and essential) component of the MPC series since its inception – arguably, they are the best pads on any drum machine past or present!
Also retained is the MPC's legendary 'feel' and 'groove' so that you can be sure that your beats and sequences just swing.
It also features the original MPC60’s intuitive transport and locate controls, the unique NOTE REPEAT function plus new additions such as the two Q-Link sliders that allow real-time interaction with tuning, filter cutoff, layer switching, attack and decay.
Add to these a well established, friendly and intuitive user interface, two separate multi-effects processors (plus a master output effects processor!), resonant multi-mode filters, 4-way sample layering and velocity switching per pad, two MIDI ins and 32 MIDI channels via the two MIDI outputs, multiple audio outputs as standard, footswitch inputs for ‘hands-free’ control and you have most of what you’d expect to find in a rugged, dependable ‘switch on and work’ and ‘out the carton’ solution to computer sequencer headaches.
But there are new things too:
The use of compact flash as a storage medium, for example, makes for more than enough room to save your sounds and grooves in an extremely compact, portable and readily available format and present testing has verified the use of up to 2 Gigabyte cards.
Furthermore, the MPC1000 supports the "MASS STORAGE CLASS" USB standard. What this means is that when connected to a Mac or PC via the MPC1000's USB port, the Mac/PC sees the MPC1000 as a Compact Flash card reader without the need for any cumbersome driver installation on your computer (*). This simple implementation allows you to simply drag and drop data between your desktop and the MPC1000's CF card to build up sound library on your CF card or vice versa to back up data on your CF card.
* You can use "USB MASS STORAGE CLASS" devices with Windows 2000/Me/XP (or later) and MacOS 9.x/10.x. Requires a USB connection on your Mac/PC plus the appropriate support in your computer's OS.
With regard to internal memory, you get 16Mb of on-board RAM as standard but this can be expanded to 128 MB.
The Three "Fs" - Features, Functions, Facilities
Behind the stunning "retro" cosmetic styling that pays homage to a halcyon era of dedicated drum machines, the new MPC1000 is a thoroughly modern sampling drum machine and 64-track MIDI sequencer that is more than equipped with features, functions and facilities to let you explore new musical ideas without restriction.
The Amazingly Affordable MPC!
Impressive specs, good looks, loads of features and everything else aside, the best news of all is that this power for musical expression now costs less than ever before.
So, if you have ever dreamed of buying into the MPC legend to realise your musical ambitions, now’s your chance!