- Manufacturer Info
- Also Purchased
- Video & Docs
The MPC4000 Plus is Akai's Ultimate 24-bit/96kHz MIDI Production Center
This special version of the Akai MPC4K includes the IB-4D digital I/O board.
The Akai MPC4000 utilizes the new Z-96 LSI sampling engine, combined with a high-performance Intel™ CPU, to provide ultra-fast processing along with 24-bit audio resolution w/sample rates up to 96kHz.
Up to 6 controllers can be assigned to control a wide variety of parameters, and its USB interface and ak.Sys Network and Control Software enhances the hinged 6" LCD and Q-Link interface.
The MPC4000 features 64-note polyphony (32-note @ 96 kHz), 272MB of on-board memory - expandable up to 512MB using (cheap!) PC100 or PC133 SDRAM. A built-in 20 GB EIDE hard drive is included for storage, and a separate drive bay is provided to accommodate Zip or CD-R, and the MPC4000's IntelliSample™ capability automates sampling, naming, program creation and sample assignment automatically.
New sound munching possibilities are available with Quick FX™ resampling using powerful presets from the included EB4JS 4-channel 24-bit/96kHz effects processor. Connections include XLRs inputs with high-quality pre-amps and balanced outputs providing full 24/96 conversion, a dedicated turntable input, 2 MIDI inputs, 4 MIDI outputs, SMPTE I/O, and a high-density SCSI port.
Check out the in-depth comparison chart for all the MPC's that Akai makes.
Use it to find out exactly how much power you need!
The most powerful MPC ever takes its rightful position in the Akai Professional product line. Along with the MPC2000XL, and the MFC-equipped Ultimate XL the MPC4000 joins the legendary music production tools of our time. Using the new Z-96 sampling engine the MPC4000 boasts the first full feature sampler ever in an MPC product.
New filtering is provided by way of 6-pole digital dynamic filters which allow realtime control of the cut-off frequency and resonance from the Q-Link knobs or via MIDI control change messages. The new filter design not only supports all filter designs available in the powerful S5000/S6000 and Z4/8 samplers but allows new variations such as the triple filter consisting of three independent 2-pole filter blocks.
Filter modulation is part of the APM (assignable program modulation) matrix which has more than 30 modulation items freely assignable as either source or destination. Furthermore one source can be assigned to multiple destinations and likewise multiple sources can be assigned to one destination just like on a vintage synth matrix patch board.
Improved sequencing functions include 960 ppq resolution, a Song can now be played in Second Sequence function, a sequence data clipboard allows you to create phrase libraries and there is no longer any limitation in using the maximum number of events (300,000) in any one song. As on the legendary MPC60, 4 MIDI outs also come as standard on the MPC4000 enabling 64 MIDI channel operation
The large LCD also allows an unprecedented view of sequence data showing data as a piano roll or as a drum machine 'grid'. Continuous MIDI data can also be shown (and edited) graphically
The MPC4000 comes with 272Mb of onboard RAM as standard in the US and can easily be expanded to a massive 512Mb using readily available 168pin PC100 or PC133 DIMM memory. Memory can be expanded using 64Mb, 128Mb or 256Mb upgrades. Internally the MPC can be fitted with an IDE hard drive.
Fitted with SCSI and USB master ports as standard, it can also be connected to external storage media ie CD-R, HD, Zip, MO, etc., and the USB port can also be used to connect an external USB drive or a keyboard for easier file naming.
Benefits of the new Akai MPC4000 include:
- The new Z-96 sampling engine, combined with a high-performance Intel™ CPU provides ultra-fast processing and 24-bit audio resolution with sample rates up to 96kHz
64-voices, or 32 voices at 96kHz sample rate
- Massive 272 MB on-board memory, expandable to 512 MB
- Balanced stereo XLR-1/4-inch TRS combo inputs with reference-grade preamps, with switchable phono inputs to allow direct connection of turntables
- Four MIDI OUT ports control up to 64 independent MIDI channels
- Four Q-Link™ knobs, and two note variation sliders for real-time modulation control
- Real-time control of filter cutoff, resonance, pitch, LFO rate and depth - and more
- IntelliSample automates sampling, naming, program creation and sample assignment
- Virtual sampling streams sample playback directly from hard disk
- Full sampler implementation provides compatibility with Z-Series and S-Series Multi, Program and Sample files. The MPC4000 can create everything from powerful beats, to expressive piano and strings parts
- Project (.PRJ) files save all sequences, songs, samples, programs and multi's in a single file
- New 4-channel 56-bit effects processor (standard)
- USB host port accommodates USB floppy, CD-R, HD, MO, ZIP drives for storage, and an ASCII keyboard for naming
- USB slave port provides for ak.Sys Network and Control System software
- 192 filters/26 filter types with to 3 simultaneous filters per voice
- Dual independent LFOs with internal/external modulation control
- Internal IDE hard drive (standard in North America Only) plus external SCSI connection
- Built-in sample rate converter on the digital input to eliminate rate-matching problems
- Large 320 x 240, multi-angle graphic LCD
- FAT32 disk format is fully compatible with S5000,S6000, Z4, Z8, DPS24, and most PC's
- Native .WAV sample format allows data sharing with anything supporting .WAV files
- Built-in CD Recorder ( standard in North America Only) for master archiving or Sample Loading
- ak.Sys Control & Networking software enables Mac and PC connection via on-board USB interface
- Two assignable footswitch inputs
- Wordclock input for sync with external digital devices (optional)
- Graphical sequence event editing
- Memory meters display remaining free sampler memory, sequence memory and CPU memory
- Audition samples directly from hard disk
- Graphic editing of sample waveforms
- Six pad banks provide quick access to up to 96 different sounds
- SMPTE I/O Standard
- And Much, Much more!
Akai MPC4000XL Plus Specifications
- Power supply: 100 - 240V AC 50/60Hz 70W (27W without options)
- Dimensions: 526 (W) x 170 (H) x 453 (D) mm (with LCD tilted down)
- Weight 10.5kg (without options)
- Display: 320 x 240 pixels grey-scale graphical LCD
- Sound library compatibility: S1000, S2000, S3000, S5000, S6000, MPC2000 .snd, MPC2000XL .snd, MPC3000 .snd, Emu™ EIII (*)
- Sampling rates: 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 96kHz
- Data format: 16/24-bit linear
- Sampling time (unexpanded memory)
- 44.1kHz Mono: 180/120 (16/24 bit) seconds
- 48kHz Mono: 166/110 (16/24 bit) seconds
- 96kHz Mono: 90/55 (16/24 bit) seconds
- 44.1kHz Stereo: 90/60 (16/24 bit) seconds
- 48kHz Stereo: 83/55 (16/24 bit) seconds
- 96kHz Stereo: 41/27 (16/24 bit) seconds
- Memory: 16MB standard, expandable to 512MB
168-pin DIMM (PC133/PC100, CL2) slot x 2
- Polyphony 64 voices
- Filter Types: 36 resonant filter types (2/4/6-pole LP, BP, HP, notch, etc.)
- Triple Filter: 2-pole multi-mode filters x 3 with resonance
- Envelope Generators: 3 x Envelope generators (2 multi-stage)
- LFO: 2 x Multi-wave with MIDI clock sync
- Effects: 4-channel 24-bit/96kHz processor offering over 50 effects types including reverb, delay, chorus, flanging, phaser, pitch shift, rotary speaker, touch and autowah, compressor, noise gate and more.
- Maximum events: 300,000 notes (equivalent)
- Resolution: 960 pulses per 1/4-note (ppq)
- Sequences: 128
- Tracks per sequence: 128
- MIDI output channels: 64 (16 channels x 4 output ports)
- Song mode: 128 songs, 250 steps per song
- Drum pads: 16 (velocity and pressure sensitive)
- Drum pads banks: 6
- Sync modes: MTC, MIDI clock, SMPTE
- Rec In LINE/MIC L/R: 1/4-inch stereo phone/XLR Combo jack, balanced
1/4-inch phone: Imp. 18kohm, 24dBu max.
XLR, Imp. 6kohm, 22dBu max.
- Rec In PHONO L/R: RCA-pin x 2 with RIAA EQ, -24dBu max. (1kHz)
- Main Out L/R: 1/4-inch stereo phone/XLR Combo jack, balanced
1/4-inch phone: Imp. 1.7kohm, 24dBu max.
XLR: Imp. 200ohm, 18dBu max.
- Assignable Outs (IB-48P required): 1/4-inch stereo phone x 8, balanced, Imp. 1.7kohm, 18dBu max.
- Headphone: 1/4-inch stereo phone, 60mW (32ohm)
- Digital Input (IB-4D required): RCA-pin x 1, SPDIF
- Digital Output (IB-4D required): RCA-pin x 1, SPDIF
- Word Clock Input (IB-4D required): BNC x 1 (w/75ohm terminator On/Off)
- SMPTE In: 1/4-inch stereo phone, balanced
- SMPTE Out: 1/4-inch stereo phone, balanced
- Footswitch: 1/4-inch phone x 2
- MIDI Input: 5-pin DIN x 2
- MIDI Output: 5-pin DIN x 4
- SCSI: 50-pin high-pitch SCSI connector x 1
- USB: Host x 1, Slave x 1 (V1.1)
- IB-4D Digital Audio (SPDIF) I/O board
- IB-4ADT ADAT Interface board (2-in/8-out)
- IB-48P Assignable 8-channel Output Board
- AC Cable x 1
- CD-ROM disc x 1
- Drive Mounting Kit x 1
- User's Guide x 1
Minimum Item Quantity 1 is required to purchase.
Item Quantity exceeds the limit 0 . Questions? Feel free to Call or Chat.