- Manufacturer Info
- Also Purchased
- Video & Docs
The Akai MPC500 is the first truly portable all-in-one Music Production Center.
Affording artists the ability to sample and create music on-the-go, the MPC500 offers many of the same features users have grown to love in the MPC line. From rock solid sequencing and programming to expandable memory and storage options, the MPC500 is only small in physical size. Because of its great attributes, the MPC500 is great for applications such as sampling and beat creation, MIDI sequencing, live performance or traveling. Compatible with other MPC products, the MPC500 will fit in perfectly with your mobile lifestyle.
The MPC500 combines a 48-Track MIDI Sequencer and a 32-voice Stereo Digital Sampler, with 12 velocity and pressure sensitive rubber pads. 16MB of on-board memory comes standard and can be expanded up to 128 MB of RAM. When connected to a Mac or PC via its built-in USB port, you can simply drag & drop data between the computer and the MPC500's CF card.
Check out the in-depth comparison chart for all the MPC's that Akai makes.
Use it to find out exactly how much power you need!
- Battery powered (6 AA’s) or AC powered (with included power adaptor)
- Pattern-based 48-track sequencer with 16 MIDI channels
- 32-voice drum/phrase sampler with up to 128MB RAM
- Velocity and pressure sensitive pads for responsive, accurate programming
- 12 Levels function: one sound on all pads with varied level or tuning per pad
- Built-in Compact Flash drive and USB port (Mass Storage Class)
- Support for standard WAV files and MIDI sequences
- Built-in Analog I/O, headphone output, and MIDI In/Out
- Internal sounds in Flash
- 4-way sample layering and velocity switching per pad
- 1 low pass filter with resonance per voice
- On-board effects: 2 stereo effects and a Master effect
Akai MPC500 Midi Production System/Sampler Specifications
- Display: 2 x 16 character LCD w/back light
- Memory card slot: Compact Flash (The size of the compact flash card that MPC500 can handle is from 32MB to 2GB)
- Dimensions: 266mm x 175mm x 44mm
- Weight: 1.34 kg
- Power requirement: 12v DC 600mA (negative tip)
- Battery life: Approximately 4.5 hours of continuous use with LCD backlight ON.
- Sampling rate: 44.1kHz
- Memory capacity: 16MB standard (11.5MB for sound memory), expandable to 128MB
- Recording time: 136sec. (16MB, MONO) or 24m28sec. (128MB, MONO)
- Memory expansion slot: 1 x for optional EXM128
- Data format: 16-bit linear
- Polyphony: up to 32 (dependent on processing)
- Dynamic filtering: 2-pole lowpass filter per voice
- Preset sound memory: 5MB
- Number of programs: 24
- Effects: 2 stereo effects and Master effect
- Effect type: Chorus, Flanger, Bit grunger, 4 band EQ, Compressor, Phase shifter, Tremolo, Flying pan, Reverb, Delay
- Master effect: 4 band EQ, Compressor
- Maximum events: 100,000 notes
- Resolution: 96 parts per 1/4-note
- Sequences: 99
- Tracks per sequence: 48
- MIDI output channels: 16
- Song mode: 20 songs, 250 steps per song
- Drum pad: 12 (velocity and pressure sensitive)
- Drum pad banks: 4
- Sync mode: MIDI clock
- Record input (L and R): 1/4-inch stereo phone x 2, pseudo balanced -40dBu, input impedance 9k ohm
- Max. Input level: +10dBu
- Stereo output (L and R): 1/4-inch phone x 2 pseudo balanced +11dBu, output impedance 1k Ohms,
- Max. Output level: +5 dBu
- Phones output: 1/4-inch stereo phone x 1, 200mW / 100 ohms
- MIDI inputs: 1 x 5-pin DIN
- MIDI outputs: 1 x 5-pin DIN
- USB: Slave connector x 1, USB MASS STORAGE CLASS support (Windows 2000/ME/XP or later version, or Mac OS 9.x/10.x or later version.)
- MPC1000: SEQ, WAV, PGM
- MPC2000/2000XL: SEQ, WAV, SND, PGM (Most parameters of PGM file can be loaded.)
- MPC2500: SEQ, WAV, PGM
- MPC4000: SEQ, WAV, PGM (DRUM program only. Only note assign and tune are loaded.)
- MPC3000: SND (THRU Computer)
- Z4/Z8: WAV, PGM (DRUM program only. Only note assign and tune are loaded.)
- S5000/6000: WAV only (THRU Computer)
Minimum Item Quantity 1 is required to purchase.
Item Quantity exceeds the limit 0 . Questions? Feel free to Call or Chat.