Akai MPC500 Production Station Sampler
The Akai MPC500 is the first truly portable all-in-one Music Production Center. Affording artists the ability to sample and create music on-the-go, the MPC500 offers many of the same features users have grown to love in the MPC line. From rock solid sequencing and programming to expandable memory and storage options, the MPC500 is only small in physical size. Because of its great attributes, the MPC500 is great for applications such as sampling and beat creation, MIDI sequencing, live performance or traveling. Compatible with other MPC products, the MPC500 will fit in perfectly with your mobile lifestyle.
The MPC500 combines a 48-Track MIDI Sequencer and a 32-voice Stereo Digital Sampler, with 12 velocity and pressure sensitive rubber pads. 16MB of on-board memory comes standard and can be expanded up to 128 MB of RAM. When connected to a Mac or PC via its built-in USB port, you can simply drag & drop data between the computer and the MPC500's CF card.
Check out the in-depth comparison chart for all the MPC's that Akai makes.
Use it to find out exactly how much power you need!
- Battery powered (6 AA’s) or AC powered (with included power adaptor)
- Pattern-based 48-track sequencer with 16 MIDI channels
- 32-voice drum/phrase sampler with up to 128MB RAM
- Velocity and pressure sensitive pads for responsive, accurate programming
- 12 Levels function: one sound on all pads with varied level or tuning per pad
- Built-in Compact Flash drive and USB port (Mass Storage Class)
- Support for standard WAV files and MIDI sequences
- Built-in Analog I/O, headphone output, and MIDI In/Out
- Internal sounds in Flash
- 4-way sample layering and velocity switching per pad
- 1 low pass filter with resonance per voice
- On-board effects: 2 stereo effects and a Master effect