The Akai SynthStation49 Keyboard Controller for iPad utilizes the iPads enormous potential while incorporating advanced features, amazing keys and drum pads, all in a portable package! The SynthStation49 is truly the most advanced, intuitive music controller designed specifically for use with iPad, iPad 2, and iPad (3rd generation). A fitted dock fully integrates iPad’s touchscreen into the control surface.
Akai SynthStation49 Keyboard Controller for iPad Features
- Portable, velocity-sensitive keyboard with pitch and modulation wheels
- Works with the original iPad, iPad 2 and iPad (3rd generation)
- Nine velocity-sensitive MPC-style drum pads which light when triggered
- Dedicated transport control buttons including Play, Pause and Record
- Play MIDI keyboard and drum pad performances into an iPad via CoreMIDI or AkaiConnect apps
- Built-in, adjustable dock charges your iPad while positioning the screen at the perfect angle
- USB port for connecting to a Mac or PC, receiving power and controlling MIDI music software
- Professional 1/4 inch stereo outputs with volume control to connect mixers, speakers and recording equipment
- Headphone output to practice and compose in private
Working seamlessly with Akai Professional’s heralded SynthStation app, SynthStation49 provides unparalleled music creation capabilities, including direct in-app MIDI recording. In addition to its integration with the SynthStation app, the Akai SynthStation49 is also completely iOS Core MIDI-compatible, making it instantly compatible with dozens of music apps already available in the App Store with hundreds more on the way.
SynthStation49’s physical controls perfectly complement the SynthStation app’s capabilities: responsive keys, rubberized pitch and modulation wheels and MPC-style drum pads all bridge the gap between the virtual world and the real world. SynthStation49’s nine MPC-style drum pads provide intuitive control for the 50-plus classic and modern kits available within the SynthStation app. Program, Sequence, Song select and Transport buttons also provide quick navigation to the SynthStation app’s most used features.
Feel the Past – Touch the Future
Dock, power and position your iPad perfectly using the adjustable cradle, or establish commanding control over your favorite computer software using the akai SynthStation49‘s USB MIDI port. The port can be connected directly to your Mac or PC, allowing SynthStation to receive power and transmit MIDI to and from your music software, this is a great way to turn the SynthStation app or any other Core MIDI-compatible app into a sound module. You can even use SynthStation49 as a traditional USB MIDI controller with your computer!
The SynthStation SDK allows third-party developers to take advantage of all the professional controls and capabilities of Akai Pro’s SynthStation49 keyboard controller. Software developers interested in creating programs compatible with SynthStation49 can submit an application now at SynthStationApp.com.