The AKG C414BXLII is an absolute classic with a distinctive timbre especially designed for recording solo vocals.
Everything on the redesigned model has been changed except for that legendary sound. A fifth polar pattern (wide cardioid) has been added for additional flexibility. The capsule tuning for the new model is the same as previous - the XL II has AKG's trademark voice-friendly response for smooth vocal performance. All switch positions, microphone output overload, and power on/off status are indicated by LEDs which adds to the ease of use and visibility of settings of some dimly lit performance rooms. All function switches are located in the low-impedance section of the electronics to prevent problems in high humidity and also to minimize noise during control changes. Other features include 6dB higher sensitivity than the previous C 414 models, and extremely low self-noise (6 dB) - a major improvement. The new model is packaged in an all-metal road case and comes with a two-stage external pop filter, a shock mount, a windscreen and a frequency response curve chart of the microphone.
- High sensitivity and extremely low self noise
- Five switchable polar patterns for placement and application flexibility
- Two-color LEDs provide quick visual indication of selected polar pattern and output overload
- Elastic capsule suspension greatly minimizes structurally-transmitted noise from chassis vibration
- H 85 professional shock mount/stand adapter, PF 80 external pop filter and W 414 X external windscreen.
With the introduction of the NeXt Generation C 414 B-XL models, AKG sets new benchmarks for useful features, improved technical specifications, ease of use and available accessories. All of these improvements are answers to requests from ever-demanding recording studios, broadcast stations and concert engineers, but with the basic sonic character of the legendary C 414 unaltered.
- High sound pressure level capability and wide dynamic range
- Completely immune to electrostatic and electro-magnetic interference from digital gear, computer monitors, etc. thanks to solid metal housing and transformerless output stage
- Three switchable bass cut filters and three pre-attenuation pads with LEDs for quick visual indication
- All switchable components operate in low impedance circuits for ultra-high reliability even in extremely humid conditions
- Optional R 414 remote control unit (available by the end of 2004) offers full control of all switchable parameters via standard microphone cable and 3-pin XLR-type connectors