AKG K271MKII Closed Back Circumaural Headphones
AKG K 271 mkII Headphones combine the benefits of AKG’s circumaural design for extreme comfort, and a closed-back design for maximum isolation from ambient noise.
Thanks to its XXL transducers, the K 271 MK II sounds clean, smooth and very rich.
The K 271 MK II is the perfect choice for any application where sonic bleed could cause problems such as broadcast work. Another important feature of the K 271 MK II is the addition of a switch in the headband that mutes the audio just as soon as the headphones are taken off.
AKG K 271 mkII Features
- 2 velour ear pads
- AKG EK 300 straight headphone cable
- AKG EK 500 S coiled headphone cable
AKG Varimotion Technology
- Professional circumaural hi-fi stereo studio headphones
- Self-adjusting headband for optimum fit
- Patented Varimotion speakers
- High noise attenuation
- For onstage and studio use
- Automute feature mutes headphones when they are taken off
- Leatherette and additional velvet ear pads
- Single-sided, detachable 3 m cable and additional 5 m coiled cable
The basis of superior audio performance
The heart of any headphone is the diaphragm. Made of extremely thin foil, the diaphragm is required by transducer designers to perform incredible, almost artistic feats. The rim of the diaphragm must vibrate elastically while the center portion should move like a piston. AKG achieved just that by designing the Varimotion system.
The sound zone in the center is thicker than the rim and therefore moves like a piston with no partial oscillations. The result is an absolutely realistic sound, with a better sonic perspective and an airier high end. The rim, or movement zone, is thinner and vibrates more easily, providing a powerful, punchy bass range.
AKG K 271 mkII Specifications
- Type: Closed-back, dynamic headphones
- Sensitivity: 91 dB/mW, 104 dB/V
- Frequency Range: 16 to 28,000 Hz
- Rated Impedance: 55 Ohms
- Maximum Input Power: 200 mW
- Earpads: Leatherette and velvet
- Cable: 3 m single-sided and 5 m coiled cable (99.9% oxygen-free); plug-in cable on headphones (mini-XLR connector)
- Connector: Gold plated stereo mini jack
- Adapter: Gold plated 1/8-inch to 1/4-inch screw-on adapter
- Net weight (without cable): 8.5 oz. (240 g)
- Patent(s): Varimotion – multiple-thickness diaphragm for dynamic transducer (Patent no. AT 403.751, US 6,185,809, EP 814.637 (DE, DK, FI, FR, GB, IT, NL), JP 3.927.651); Acoustics slot resistor for dynamic transducer (Patent no. AT 408.706, US 6,639,991, ZL 01116806)
Circumaural, closed-back headphones with self-adjusting headband and auto-shut-off feature; Applications: Professional stereo-studio-headphones for live sound and studio monitoring; Frequency range: 16–28.000 Hz; Sensitivity: 91 dB at 1 mW / 104 dBV; impedance: 55 ohms per channel; power handling capability: 200 mW; Cable: 3 m and 5 m (OFC) single-sided, plug-in, easily replaceable cable with mini-XLR connector and with hard-gold plated, screwable 1/4 inch jack plug; Net (headphones without cable)/shipping weight: 240/550 g (8.4/19.2 oz.).