The AKG Perception 170’s design is based on AKG´s six decades of experience in making microphones and on input from sound engineers around the world who use AKG products every day. Its .5-inch small-diaphragm true condenser transducer brings AKG studio quality to the project studio and all other areas of recording. A switchable preattenuation pad enable the Perception 170 to be used close to sound sources delivering up to 155 dB SPL. The heavy-duty, all-metal chassis and reliable gold-plated XLR-type output make the Perception 170 an excellent choice for a variety of live sound applications, too.
AKG Perception 170 Features
- 1/2-Inch Small-Diaphragm Instrument Microphone delivers incredibly precise sound with beautifully-detailed transients
- 20 dB preattenuation pad allows use in sound fields as high as 155dB
- Cardioid pickup minimizes off-axis sound
- True Condenser Technology
- Heavy-duty construction -gold-plated output