AKG Perception 820 Tube Condenser Microphone; Affordable Tube sound
Unlike other tube microphones in its price range, the Perception 820 Tube delivers real tube sound quality thanks to its dual one-inch large diaphragm capsule and the sophisticated ECC 83 dual-triode circuitry. The remote control unit provides the 820 with versatility by offering the user to select between 9 different pickup patterns and has both switchable bass-cut filter and attenuation pad controls while an additional ground lift switch prevents unwanted hum. The Perception 820 comes complete with a spider-type shock mount and a metal carrying case.
AKG Perception 820 Features
- Two back-to-back one-inch large diaphragms featuring True Condenser Technology
- An ECC 83 dual-triode tube circuitry emphasizes even-order harmonics for rich, smooth and three-dimensional sound
- The elegant remote control unit allows selection of 9 different pickup patterns from omnidirectional to cardioid to figure 8
- The switchable bass cut filter (80 Hz, 12 dB/oct) reduces unwanted rumble or footfall noise
- A 20 dB allenuation pad enables for high SPL applications up to 155 dB
- Brush-finished, anodized Aluminium front plate and all-metal housing for maximum shielding
- A ground lift switch prevents unwanted hum if necessary
- Designed and engineered in Vienna, Austria
The Perception 820 Tube raises the bar in its class – It shows real tube sound, the highest dynamic range, the most comprehensive features and comes complete with useful accessories at an unbeatable price.