Get classic British sound and plenty of power at an incredible price. The Albion AG40DFX Guitar Combo Amplifier features a very unique ‘hybrid’ preamplifier section combining a 12AX7/ECC83 tube and high voltage FETs. This combination of circuit gives great tube sound, at an affordable price. An Albion custom 12 inch speaker gives the AG40DFX a classic tone while the 16 built in digital effects add a whole new sonic dimension.
Albion AG40DFX Guitar Combo Amplifier Features
- 40 watt combo amp with Tube preamplifier
- A solid state power amp circuit that also has some "tweaks" that lead to a very convincing valve-like tone
- 16 program digital effects system
- 1 x 12 in. Albion Custom 8 ohm speaker
- Black vinyl with grey grille cloth and gold Albion logo
- Three-band Passive EQ
- Switchable channels with separate gain, and volume knobs for normal and overdrive mode
- 3.5mm headphone output jack and 3.5mm aux input jack on the top panel, 1/4 in. speaker out on the rear
- Open back design with 1/4 in. speaker out on the rear for plugging into a bigger cabinet
- Includes footswitch for A/B channel and Effects switching
- Effects loop and solid state digital reverb with delay, chorus, flange, reverb, and more
- Top mounted carrying strap
Once upon a time lower entry guitar amp products were just that - low in sound and build quality! The Albion AG range blows that conception totally out of the water! The AG40DFX is designed from the ground up as a ‘real’ guitar amp. Amps that can be proudly used by guitar-players of any standing, from beginner to pro; without spending the big bucks of a top-end system. Perfect for practice and club gigs without any sacrificing of tone quality or playing feel.
The ingredients behind the AG40DFX combo amp, apart from being designed by a top-end designer, comes together using a variety of technologies - high voltage FET devices, valves, and good solid-state design. The preamps are a developed family of FET and valve, but unlike many competitive models Albion’s preamp technology works at high voltage just like these devices should do for their best performance. This gives a dynamic range, punch, and a tonal response more akin to more expensive pro amps but with much less maintenance.