Albion TCT100H Tube Guitar Amplifier Head
Get great classic British sound built by a brand you trust, Albion.
The TCT100H guitar amplifier head has 2 separate switchable channels, both featuring the same controls per channel. The Albion TCT100H all tube guitar head sounds as good as it looks! This all tube TCT100H tube guitar amplifier head features 2 switchable channels, 100 watts, 3 band EQ and 5 tubes for superior sounds. Built beautiful to further capture your audience, the Albion head features a stunning gloss black trim board with a gold Albion logo. You can’t go wrong with the Albion TCT100H tube guitar amplifier head!
Albion TCT100H Tube Guitar Amplifier Head Features:
- 100 watt vacuum tube 2 channel head with four EL34 and five 12AX7 tubes
- Unique input stage combines the preamp tube with an FET circuit to give lower noise, higher gain, better tonality, and lower microphonics
- Black vinyl with grey grille cloth and a gloss black trim board with gold Albion Logo
- Channel A is pre-EQ and channel B is post-EQ for more tonal options
- Power amp Variable Edge control is like a presence control but can boost or reduce high frequencies for a sweeter tone
- Power amp Variable Deep control is an active graphic type circuit that works around the resonance area of the speakers to increase the punch and bass
- Separate three-band wide range passive EQ, gain, drive, and volume knobs for Channel A and B
- Two 1/4 in. speaker output jacks with 8 or 16 ohm options on the rear
- Switchable phase from plus or minus
- Tight switch on each channel switches the low frequency voicing from deep low to a shelved high pass filter
- Smooth switch alters the voicing from bright and attacking to a smoother less high frequency style
- Shift switch alters the mid frequency to a different position and provides a different EQ spectrum
- A-B channel switching and Mix mode to combine channels are available options
- Includes footswitch for A/B channel, Mix mode, and Effects switching
- Effects loop and adjustable solid state digital reverb
- The power amp section can be switched between two feedback loops, open and closed loop. For raw vintage sound or a more modern tighter sound
- The output section can also be run at 33% (approx 33 watts) of its total output power
- Top mounted carrying handle
The supplied footswitches also have a very useful feature; the cable connection can be easily user-changed from left to right to more adequately suit your stage rig preference. It's simple but so effective!
Channel A features the EQ circuit before the gain stages, while Channel B features the EQ after the gain stages. Both channels feature the capability of running (depending on control settings) from clean through crunch to high gain lead. But due to the different voicing provided by the EQ position (and other voicing elements), both channels have an entirely different spectral response and player's feel.
A True Albion Beauty
Albion uses Birch Ply for all our cabinet work utilizing interlocking panels and resonance controlling reinforcing struts. Proprietary vinyl covering and custom cabinet hardware is used throughout the range. The final touch is a piano-finish stained walnut baffle-plate giving a lustrous dark plum colored contrast to all the TCT range. The amplifiers feature a seam-welded steel chassis to securely hold the heavy duty transformers, well supported FR4 printed circuit boards (many being double-sided PTH types) and chassis mounted valve bases.
The TCT amps are all twin channel switching amplifiers, with the TCT50 and TCT100 also having foot-switchable MIX circuitry that combines both channels to give a third sonic option. Although each channel has differing voicing structures (Channel A has the EQ pre-gain, Channel B is post-gain) they both go from clean to scream for ultimate functionality and wide tonal response. Switchable tonal options on each preamp also extend the possibilities on the TCT50 and TCT100. All the TCT amps also feature wide ranging power amp controls widening the tonal response even more - switchable feedback loops, Edge (presence) and Depth controls, output Phase and 33% power switching. Natural sounding digital Reverb and a series FX loop round off the amp functions.
A Design All Their Own
All PCBs, wire, plastic and die-cast parts, and speaker cones are custom designed and built in the Ablion factory. Transformers and loudspeakers as well are all Albion custom design and build. Albion products are built with experience and advanced technology, to bring you world leading amplifier products at an affordable and honest price.