The Alesis M1 Active 520 is a newly designed, affordable, high-precision active reference monitor with Bass Density control and EQ. The M1 Active series offers incredible definition and flat frequency response from the high-precision drivers and a professionally crafted crossover. The cabinet and drivers have been redesigned for a bold new look and even greater sonic clarity.
The M1 Active 520 has a 1 inch thick front baffle, which minimizes speaker resonance, and the visually stunning acoustic waveguide evenly disperses high-frequency sound across your control room. The M1 Active includes new Bass Density technology, which allows you to tailor these monitors to any room’s acoustics. The distinctive top-mounted power/clip indicator lets you know if the speaker is clipping.
The M1 Active 520 features a 75-Watt amplifier and a 5 inch low frequency woofer, while the M1 Active 620 features a 100-Watt amplifier and 6.5 inch low frequency woofer.
Alesis M1 Active 520 Features
- 5 Inch low frequency woofer for clear bass and midrange
- 1 inch silk dome tweeter for clear highs without ear-fatiguing harshness
- High-precision drivers offer lower distortion and smoother frequency response
- Acoustical waveguide for superior imaging with minimal diffraction
- 1 inch thick front baffle virtually eliminates speaker resonance
- Magnetically shielded for close placement to video monitors in computer based music production studios
- 1/4 inch TRS connector with volume control
- Low Frequency Density Switch for acoustic space adjustment of the monitors
- Rear port design provides deep bass extension and increased SPL
- Hi, Mid, and Low Frequency EQ switches to accommodate user preference and sub-woofers
- Top mounted, integrated Power Switch/Clip Light Bar