The Alesis Vortex Keytar Controller Keyboard is the perfect storm of stunning design and incredible performance capability. The Vortex keytar eliminates the barrier between you and your audience by giving you the freedom to move around the stage and take the lead. With an extensive layout of touch-sensitive keys and velocity-sensitive pads, and radical pitch and modulation controls on its neck, the Alesis Vortex controller keyboard empowers you to rule the stage.
Alesis Vortex Shoulder Keytar Controller Keyboard Features
- 37 velocity-sensitive keys with aftertouch for compact, yet complete melodic range
- Works with all of your software instruments and synths on Mac and PC
- USB and traditional MIDI jacks for use with virtually any synth, sound module, or other MIDI hardware or software
- Free Virtual Synth from Sonivox included (downloads from sonivoxmi.com)
- Ableton Live Lite Alesis Edition software included
- Embedded, programmable, MIDI-assignable accelerometer for performance parameter control by tilting the neck
- Thumb-controlled volume slider and pitch-bend wheel on neck
- Finger-controlled MIDI-assignable touchstrip, sustain, and octave-control buttons on neck
- Eight velocity-sensitive drum pads/sample triggers enable you to create beats or trigger clips
- Battery-powered for use with MIDI modules and hardware synths
- Bus-powered when connected to Mac or PC via USB (cable included)
- Large transport (Start/Stop) and patch-select controls for instant access
- Standard guitar strap pegs on neck and body (strap included)
The Alesis Vortex is the first keytar to include a MIDI-assignable accelerometer. Now, you can get out from behind your keyboard stand and be just as visual as guitarists and singers with an instrument that will respond to your motion. You’ll be able to create incredible volume swells, amazing pitch bends, vibratos, filter sweeps, and more by tilting the Vortex’s neck in the heat of the moment during live performances.
Virtual Synth Included
Perform right away: the Alesis Vortex controller keytar comes with a premium virtual synth from Sonivox, which includes great-sounding pads, basses, leads, and drums. You also get Ableton Live Lite Alesis Edition software for performing, recording, and sequencing music right out of the box.
Keys, Control and More
The Vortex includes even more features never before found on any keytar: both traditional MIDI and USB MIDI are onboard, empowering you to use the Vortex with all of your software instruments and synths on your Mac or PC. You'll have a virtually unlimited palette of sounds, ready to command with one of the most exciting keytar controllers ever.
The Alesis Vortex comes ready for instant performance, automapped for today’s most popular software synths and DAWs. Plus, you can customize and create your own mappings for virtually any MIDI software.
The Vortex’s neck controls are laid out ergonomically: your thumb controls a volume slider and pitch-bend wheel while your fingers command nine front-facing controls that include a MIDI-assignable touch strip, and buttons for octave selection and sustain. Large transport and patch-select controls are centrally located on the Vortex’s body for instant access, and synth lovers will be happy to know that the Vortex’s 37 velocity-sensitive keys feature aftertouch to enable instant creative flourishes.
Power and Control
The Alesis Vortex is for controllerists, for those who want to perform without limitations to their movement or their sound set. The Vortex is bus-powered when connected to a Mac or PC, and can also be powered by batteries when used with MIDI modules and iOS devices. Standard strap pegs are located on the Vortex's neck and body, and an adjustable strap is included.