- Manufacturer Info
- Also Purchased
- Video & Docs
Allen and Heath WZ3162 MixWizard 3 Stereo Mixer is a compact mixer for portable recording and live mixing applications.
Versatile and easy to use, the 16 Channel MixWizard3 stereo mixer is the next generation of these industry standard mixers with multi-purpose applications. MixWizard compact mixers have their own unique place in the world of pro audio, being a professional multi-purpose console with great sound, high quality, ease of use and features that at times seem endless. Allen and Heath have been supplying thousands of MixWizards worldwide for many differing pro audio applications.
Allen and Heath MixWizard 3 Features
- 16 mic/line inputs with balanced XLR/TRS jack, and direct output
- All faders are 100 mm Faders
- 4-band EQ; comprehensive equalization with 2 sweep-able mids
- 6 auxiliary sends; 2 pre, 2 switched, 2 post fade (may be reconfigured)
- 2 stereo returns (TRS jacks)
- Dedicated mono output fader with innovative mode for control of aux fed subs
- Independent A-B output (for 2-track recorder, monitor fold-back or speaker fills)
- Metering; Twin 3-color, 12 segment bar-graph (channel signal and peak LEDs)
- Onboard FX; 16 FX programs with external editing software
- Mounting; desk or rack mountable with rotating connector pod
- Sys-Link 2 output option; for connection to other Allen &Heath Sys-Link compatible consoles
Featuring an incredible Digital Effects set, the Allen and Heath WZ3162 provides 2 stereo effects engines that each operate in single or dual mode giving you 16 reverbs, echos and other effects, editable via MIDI, that come in handy in live and recording situations. The MixWizard 3 mixer also holds the capability of blending external effects through the very same return channel, saving precious inputs.
FX editing software is downloadable from allen-heath.com
High Performance Preamp
The mic preamp is probably the most important stage in the console’s signal path and its performance is often the measure of the quality of the console. MixWizard 3 mixers have a newly-designed preamp, developed from our top-end range of ML and GL consoles. The preamp provides very low noise and distortion, a wide yet smooth gain law, and extended headroom for dealing with the most demanding sources.
4 band EQ
Provides clean, responsive and accurate equalization control normally only found in larger format desks. 4 extended range overlapping bands - 2 with centre frequency sweeps - let you compensate for microphone and auditorium frequency responses, add sparkle and presence to voices and instruments, control sibilance or add color.
All 4 bands give up to 15dB boost or cut and have centre detents.
As with our large format large sound consoles, the WZ314:4:2 can work as a Front of House or Monitor mixer. In Front of House
mode, the 4 groups with inserts, long throw faders and XLR outputs can be routed and panned to the LR mix for flexible sub-mixing. The main LR mix has inserts, separate left and right faders, and XLR outputs, to feed the main speaker system. EQ and signal processing can easily be inserted on group and main outputs.
In Monitor mode, the aux mixes are routed to the group and LR faders, inserts and XLR output. The AFL and PFL system is switched to the Mono output to provide an engineer’s wedge
output. In essence, it’s a perfect 6-mix monitor console with additional outputs available from the group busses via the aux master controls. To allow maximum flexibility, it is possible to operate the console in dual mode where some aux outs can be used as monitor mixes and some sub-grouping can be used along with the main LR outputs. This allows the engineer to run Front of House sound and some Monitor mixes from the same console.
Additionally, and unusually on a small format mixer, 2 matrix outputs are also provided - the flexibility and benefits of a matrix cannot be underestimated in today’s console applications!
Extra flexibility is provided by our unique third master fader, which can be switched to provide either an L+R mono feed for centre or fill speaker, a sub bass feed mixed from the channel aux 6 sends, and with master fader right where it is needed - next to
the LR masters.
6 auxiliary sends
Each of the 6 aux mixes has its own master level rotary control and impedance balanced TRS outputs. The console has a clever monitoring system to listen to aux outputs in mono or in stereo pairs. Aux 1 and 2 are routed pre fade for monitors; aux 3 and 4 are switchable, pre or post fade for monitors, effects or additional recording or zone feeds; and aux 5 and 6 are routed post fader for effects and aux-fed sub. The aux settings can be changed by replugging internal jumpers
Allen and Heath WZ3162 MixWizard 3 Stereo Mixer Specifications
- Maximum output level:
- XLR: +26dBu into 600 ohms max load
- Jack: +21dBu into 2k ohm max load
- Internal headroom:
- Channels: +21dB
- Mix: +23dB
- Meters: 3 color LED, quasi peak response
- Sensitivity: 0VU = +4dBu at XLR output
- Master meters: 12 segment: -30 to +16dB
- Channel meters: 2 segment: -12, +16dB (5dB before clip)
- Frequency response: 20Hz to 50kHz +/-0.5dB
- THD+n at +10dBu 1kHz: Channel to mix out < 0.004%
- Crosstalk at 1kHz:
- Fader shutoff >90dB
- Channel mute >100dB
- Inter channel >90dB
- Noise, rms 22Hz to 22kHz:
- Mic EIN -128dB
- Residual output noise: < -95dBu (-99dB S/N)
- LR unity fader mix noise: < -83dBu (-87dB S/N)
- Channel HPF: 12dB/octave below 80Hz
- Mono EQ:
- HF Shelving: +/-15dB, 12kHz
- HM Peak/dip: +/-15dB, 500Hz to 15kHz, Q=1.8
- LM Peak/dip: +/-15dB, 35Hz to 1kHz, Q=1.8
- LF Shelving: +/-15dB, 80Hz
- Stereo EQ:
- HF Shelving: +/-15dB, 12kHz
- HM Peak/dip: +/-15dB, 2.5kHz, Q=1.8
- LM Peak/dip: +/-15dB, 250Hz, Q=1.8
- LF Shelving: +/-15dB, 80Hz
- Power supply:
- Internal: 100-240V, 50/60Hz auto sensing, IEC input
- Power consumption: 35W max
- Mains fuse: T630mA L 20mm
- External Input for optional MPS12 backup supply
Size and Weight
- Mono channel:
- XLR balanced pin 2 hot: Sensitivity -60 to +10dBu
- TRS balanced, tip hot: Sensitivity -40 to +10dBu
- Pad out (MIC): 2k ohm
- Pad in (MIC or LINE): >10k ohm, -20dB
- Max input level: +30dBu
- XLR phantom power: +48V, on/off
- Stereo channel:
- ST1,3 TRS unbalanced: >10k ohm, -16 to +20dBu
- ST2,4 TRS balanced: >10k ohm, -16 to +20dBu
- Stereo returns:
- ST1(5) TRS balanced: >10k ohm, -6 to +20dBu
- ST2(6) TRS unbalanced: >2k ohm, -2 to +20dBu
- Channel: TRS, tip send, ring return, 0dBu
- Output: TRS, tip send, ring return, -2dBu
- L, R, M outputs: XLR balanced pin 2 hot: <75 ohm, +4dBu, +26dBu max
- Aux 1-6 output:
- TRS impedance balanced: <75 ohm, -2dBu, +21dBu max
- Electronic balance option: <75 ohm, +4dBu, +26dBu max
- Direct out: TRS impedance balanced: <75 ohm, 0dBu, +21dBu max
- AB out: TRS impedance balanced: <75 ohm, -2dBu, +21dBu max
- TRS, tip L, ring R
- 30 to 600 ohm headphones recommended
- Lamp: 4-pin XLR max 12V 5W lamp
- Table Top Dimensions (WxDxH): 20 x 20.9 x 7.7 inches (507 x 530 x 194 mm)
- Rack mounted (WxDxH):
- Connectors Underneath (10U): 19 x 4.8 x 17.5 inches (483 x 122 x 444 mm)
- Connectors at Rear (11.2U): 19 x 7.6 x 19.6 inches (483 x 193 x 497 mm)
- Weight: 22 lbs (10 kg)
Minimum Item Quantity 1 is required to purchase.
Item Quantity exceeds the limit 0 . Questions? Feel free to Call or Chat.
John W from Greenville, SC, USA, email@example.com
|Simply the best for the money.
|Would you consider this product to be made well? How dependable?
|Built like a tank. The knobs 'feel' good, the faders are steady, the appearance is great.
|What do you consider to be the best features of this product? What features would you add to this product if you could?
|The 6 aux sends are awsome. For me it means 4 monitor mixes, 1 effects (built in FX are great), and 1 aux for my subs. Outstanding.
|Ease of Use
|How easy is this product to use? How easy is the product to use with other products? Did it take long for you to learn to use this product? Was the manual helpful? How playable do you consider this product to be?
|If you can navigate ANY mixer, you will have no problem with this one.
|How is the tone?
|Find one better. I challenge you.
|How has it stood up over time?
|2 years (virtually every weekend) and NO malfunctions or "Uh-oh!" moments.
|Your general opinion of this product.
|It's awesome. Long-throw faders, previously mentioned aux sends, pre-amps are amazing. It rocks.