Allen and Heath ZED 428 4 Bus Mixer
The Allen and Heath ZED 428 4 Bus Mixer takes inspiration from different product lines within the Allen and Heath range, combining them with fresh new ideas to give stunning results in a neat and easy to use package.
The audio circuitry is based on years of continual development and refinement. The performance of all the elements within the mixer is have been perfected to ensure the very best sound quality possible. This is a mixer for anyone, from entry-level to professionals, who appreciates fantastic sound, rugged build quality and imaginative feature sets. It’ll be equally happy running your gig on stage, recording live or mixing down in your studio at home.
Allen and Heath ZED 428 Features
- 4-band EQ with 2 swept mids and in/out switch
- 6 auxiliary sends (2 pre, 2 post, 2 pre/post)
- 4 sub groups fed from each channel
- L, R and M main mix outputs
- Individual channel 48V phantom power
- Direct output on every mono channel
- 2 dual stereo inputs with 4-band EQ
- Peak and signal indication on every channel
- 2 matrix sections available; can send output to USB
- Configurable USB stereo audio in/out
- Master level controls on all outputs
- Easy to use layout – all connections and controls on top surface
- Cakewalk SONAR LE bundled with mixer
The padless DuoPreTM mic/line pre-amplifier is the new design first implemented on the ZED-14 and delivers a high-headroom, low-noise signal. The 4 band, 2 sweep EQ, along with the low noise summing amps, is borrowed from the acclaimed GL2400, while the bus architecture is a simplified, but equally comprehensive, version of that employed in the successful GL series.
The USB audio interface, with its uniquely flexible capability, allows different signals to be sent to USB, from LR or from selected aux buses. The USB return signal can be routed straight to the LR mix or to a stereo channel. The connectors are placed on the top surface for easy plugging and patching, and the construction, with individual circuit boards firmly nutted to the top panel, is as rock solid as Allen and Heath’s top of the range ML Series mixers.
Also included with ZED 4-Bus is the excellent SONAR LE digital audio workstation software for Windows, with audio and MIDI multi-track recording and mixing capability, effects plug-ins and editing features, enabling the ZED 4-Bus mixer to become a live recording or home recording mixer.