Outstanding tonewoods, craftsmanship and pro electronics separate the Alvarez AD66CE Dreadnought Acoustic Electric Guitar from every other guitar anywhere near this price range! The AD66CE proves that warm, deep bass, taut mids, and a balanced high-end don't necessarily have to be expensive. A hand selected, grade A solid Sitka Spruce top and Mahogany back and sides plus scalloped bracing give the AD66CE incredible resonance, projection and tonal clarity.
Alvarez AD66CE Dreadnought Acoustic Electric Guitar Features
- Hand selected, ‘A’ grade, solid Sitka spruce top
- Mahogany backs and sides
- Thinner, faster neck that plays easier, yet still feels solid in your hands
- Rosewood fingerboard
- Premium die cast chrome machine heads
- SYS650 Dual pick up, blend system E.Q. with tuner
- Bi-level rosewood bridge puts more down-pressure on the saddle for more efficient energy transfer
- Bone nut and rosewood bridge pins keep the good vibrations happening
The AlvarezAD66CE features Alvarez' SYS650 electronics, which uses patented electret film technology instead of Piezo materials. A piezo pickup tends to color the amplified tone, which can often sound thin and two-dimensional. You don’t get that with the electret film technology, which works similar to a condenser microphone, allowing for a more accurate reproduction of the instrument's true acoustic voice.
The SYS650 is a dual pickup system incorporating one under saddle pick up and a transducer pick up placed under the soundboard. Either pickup can be selected or you can blend between the two to find subtle changes in response for lead, picking or rhythm work. The system also has a fully chromatic, precision tuner with backlit LCD screen; 3-bands of rotary EQ, and a great notch control that helps identify and eliminate feedback.