Incredible tone is achieved thanks to all-solid wood construction and pro-grade electronics! The Alvarez MD60CE Masterworks Acoustic Electric Guitar is a remarkable instrument crafted with a solid AA Grade Sitka Spruce top and cured solid Mahogany back and sides for a resonant tone with great projection and a focused midrange which cuts through in a live mix.
Alvarez MD60CE Masterworks Acoustic Electric Guitar Features
- Solid AA-grade Sitka Spruce top and solid Mahogany back and sides
- Real bone saddles and nuts
- Maple and rosewood bindings and purflings
- Ebony bridge pins and green abalone inlays
- One-piece mahogany neck with a great feel
- Forward shifted bracing with scalloped, hand finished X braces for increased projection
- SYS650 dual pickup system with one under saddle pick up and a transducer pick up placed under the soundboard
- Fully chromatic, precision tuner with backlit LCD screen
- 3-bands of rotary EQ, and a great notch control that helps identify and eliminate feedback
The MD60CE features Alvarez' SYS650 electronics, which uses patented electret film technology instead of Piezo materials. A piezo pickup tends to color the amplified tone, which can often sound thin and two-dimensional. You don’t get that with the electret film technology, which works similar to a condenser microphone, allowing for a more accurate reproduction of the instrument's true acoustic voice.
The SYS650 is a dual pickup system incorporating one under saddle pick up and a transducer pick up placed under the soundboard. Either pickup can be selected or you can blend between the two to find subtle changes in response for lead, picking or rhythm work. The system also has a fully chromatic, precision tuner with backlit LCD screen; 3-bands of rotary EQ, and a great notch control that helps identify and eliminate feedback.