The Alvarez MD70CE Masterworks Acoustic Electric Guitar combines all-solid wood construction with pro-grade electronics at a truly incredible price that makes it a real no-brainer! The hand-selected, AA solid Sitka Spruce top and solid Rosewood back and sides yield incredibly dynamic, rich and clear tones with fantastic low end and articulate highs. The MD70CE is a true steal at the price and is sure to be your go-to acoustic electric!
Alvarez MD70CE Masterworks Acoustic Electric Guitar Features
- Dreadnought body shape for superb projection and resonance
- Solid AA grade Sitka Spruce top provides great clarity and balance
- Solid Rosewood back and bides for rich piano-like lows
- SYS650 Blend Pickup System and EQ for incredible sound when plugged in
- One piece Mahogany neck with an ultra-comfortable feel
- Grover Rotomatic tuners provide great tuning stability
- Rosewood Bi-Level bridge for increased string transfer for more volume
- Rosewood and Maple binding and purfling for a classy look
- Includes Case
The MD70CE features Alvarez' SYS650 electronics, which uses patented electret film technology instead of Piezo materials. A piezo pickup tends to color the amplified tone, which can often sound thin and two-dimensional. You don’t get that with the electret film technology, which works similar to a condenser mic, allowing for a more accurate reproduction of the instrument's true acoustic voice.
The SYS650 is a dual pickup system incorporating one under saddle pick up and a transducer pick up placed under the soundboard. Either pickup can be selected or you can blend between the two to find subtle changes in response for lead, picking or rhythm work. The system also has a chromatic tuner with backlit LCD screen; 3-bands of rotary EQ, and a great notch control to identify and eliminate feedback.