Delivering that legendary tone, the hand-built and hand-wired in the U.S. Ampeg Heritage B15 truly lives up to the iconic standard set by inventor Jess Oliver 50 years ago. The classic flip-top, double-baffle cabinet and all-tube head with two distinct channels and bias modes meticulously recreate the world's most sought-after bass tone.
The Heritage B15 features the circuit paths of both a 1964 and 1966 B15, including classic Baxandall EQ controls and premium 6SL7 octal preamp tubes along with a bias switch, recreating each years' distinctive bias methodology.
The extremely high-quality flip-top cabinet features the legendary double-baffle design and houses a highly-researched, custom-designed 15 inch Eminence driver. The Heritage B15 is no mere tribute; it meets and exceeds the performance, look and tone of the legendary original, down to each and every component.
Ampeg Heritage B15 Tube Bass Guitar Combo Amplifier Features
- Hand-built and hand-wired in the U.S.A.
- Limited edition production
- Only 50 units available
- Numbered and matched heads/cabs
- Classic Ampeg flip-top design
- Chrome-plated chassis
- Rugged cabinets made with Baltic birch and poplar
- Legendary double-baffle cabinet design delivers classic tone
- Two distinct, hand-wired preamp circuits
- Channel 1 - 1964 (B-15NC)
- Channel 2 - 1966 (B-15NF)
- Selectable bias modes for ultimate tone control
- 1964 - cathode bias (25W @ 4 or 8 ohms)
- 1966 - fixed bias (30W @ 4 or 8 ohms)
- High-grade new and N.O.S. tubes
- Preamp - 3 x 6SL7 (N.O.S. JAN Philips ECG 6188)
- Rectifier - 1 x 5AR4 or 5U4G
- Power amp - 2 x 6L6GC
- Legendary Baxandall bass/treble tone stack on both channels
- Dual inputs per channel (0dB & -15dB)
- Custom-designed 15 inch U.S.-made Eminence driver
- 4 inch voice coil
- 109 oz ceramic magnet
- Aluminum dust cover
- External amplifier out
- Removable dolly with casters
Effective September 17, 2010:
Heritage Series: 5 years on Electronics, 2 years on Speakers, 180-day Tubes; SVT Classic and Pro Series; 5 years on Electronics, 2 years on Speakers; 90-day Tubes. All PF BA, Diamond Blue and BA Combo Amps: 2 years on Electronics and Speakers; 90 days tubes. Discontinued and B-Stock Products: Limited 90-day No-Fault Warranty