With more and more studios are foregoing consoles in favor of recording and mixing on the computer, the Aphex Channel Master Microphone Preamp and Input Processor proves to be indispensible. Even though there are so many channel strips and similar devices to choose from - this one truly stands out from the crowd providing great performance, features and sound.
The channel master preamp and processor incorporates seven powerful devices including five of Aphex's exclusive patented technologies inside one compact, single rack space design. The result of this combination is the highest possible audio quality, processing power and flexibility available. The elegant front panel on the channel preamp and processor not only looks great, but is laid out in an easy-to-use workflow with easy to understand labeling. Building on the foundation of the Model 230, the channel master features an instrument input, dedicated output and gain reduction metering, front panel sample rate and clock source selection, and a reference quality internal clock. Further proving the indispensability of the channel master preamp and processor is its adaptability. It can be used in broadcasting, recording studios and live sound.
The Aphex Channel Master Microphone Preamp and Input Processor Features
Patented Reflected Plate Amplifier (RPA) Tube Preamp:
EasyRider Class A Compressor:
- Ultra-wide bandwidth, maximum gain and headroom
- Lower operating temperature than conventional tube designs for longer tube life
- Each unit is individually tuned at the Aphex factory for unparalleled consistency - any two units are a matched pair
Logic Assisted Gate:
- Aphex's patented Wave Dependent Compressor - automatically adjusts attack and release times according to program complexity
- No-Knee compression curve circuitry - automatically adjusts compression ratio based on program levels
- Includes Aphex's 1001 Class A Voltage Controlled Attenuator, used in the Compellor and Dominator
- Patented gate technology designed to avoid false triggers, clicks and chattering
- Split band universal de-esser designed to maintain presence while dramatically reducing sibilance on any voice
- Patented technology for deeper and more resonant bass with little or no increase in peak output
- For the ability to precisely fine tune the all-important midrange between the Big Bottom and Aural Exciter.
- Patented technology for increased presence and clarity with improved detail and intelligibility