Designed with ease of use in mind, the Aphex Project Channel Microphone Preamp is an extremely high quality channel strip that offers a streamlined front panel for a very intuitive channel strip. Built with Aphex’s Aural Exciter circuitry included, the Project Channel allows any vocal or instrument to achieve its true potential in the mix.
Aphex Project Channel Microphone Preamp Features
- Hi Z Instrument Input
- Class A Mic Preamp w/ Phantom Power
- Ultra-wide bandwidth, maximum gain and headroom
- Inspired by classic British and American recording consoles
- Aphex Optical Compressor
- Uses Aphex’s proprietary optical element for speed adjustability from compression to leveling
- Output and Compression Gain Reduction Metering
- Aural Exciter
- Patented technology for increased presence and clarity with improved detail and intelligibility
- Big Bottom
- Patented technology for deeper and more resonant bass with little or no increase in peak output
- S/PDIF Digital Output
The included optical compressor features a single-knob ratio control. Using this one knob and the 10-segment gain reduction meter, it is very easy to keep the dynamic range of the signal under control.
The Big Bottom processor adds punch to your low end in a way that no EQ can. The S/PDIF digital output and dBFS output meter make it extremely easy to get a proper digital signal to an audio interface for recording.
The front panel sample rate button allows for easy selection of sample rates from 44.1kHz to 96kHz. Analog outputs are also provide for use with outboard A/D converters or use with analog mixers.
The front panel instrument input allows for great sounding direct recordings of bass and guitar. This input automatically overrides the rear panel XLR mic input, allowing the user to keep a mic plugged in.