Apogee Ensemble FireWire Interface: The first all digitally controlled, professional audio interface designed specifically for the Mac!
Apogee's Ensemble features 36 channels of simultaneous audio that includes 8 channels of Apogee's legendary A/D and D/A conversion, 4 transparent, digitally controlled 75db mic preamps, 8 channels of ADAT I/O, 2 channels of S/PDIF coax and optical I/O and FireWire connectivity to and from the computer.
Ensemble also includes premium Apogee technologies such as SoftLimit, UV22HR, and Intelliclock. These technologies combined with Apogee's legendary conversion, make Ensemble an ideal choice for professionals seeking a high-definition, integrated solution that's incredibly easy to use.
Apogee Ensemble Features
- 8 channels of premium 24-bit 192K AD/DA conversion
- 4 digitally controlled 75db microphone preamps
- 2 fully balanced inserts on mic pre channels
- 4 Hi-Z instrument inputs capable of handling high level instruments
- 2 individual, controllable and assignable high level headphone outputs
- 2, 6 or 8 channel monitor outputs
- 8 channels of ADAT I/O
- FireWire 400 I/O, compatible with OS X Core Audio (no driver required)
- 2 channels of SPDIF I/O
- Soft Limit for maximum digital input level without overs
- UV22HR for superior dither of 24 bit resolution down to 16-bit
- Advanced, dual-stage Intelliclock
- Complete integration and control with Apple's Logic Pro Software
- Compatibility with any CoreAudio software applications
- Apogee's Maestro Software for advanced control and routing outside of Logic Pro
Maestro is an innovative software interface between OS X applications (OS 10.4 and above) and Apogee hardware. Maestro is capable of controlling Apogee hardware I/O connected to the computer via FireWire, Symphony, (Apogee's PCI Express card), or both at the same time.
Dial it in
- Control panel for Ensemble, Rosetta 800, Rosetta 200, AD-16X and DA-16X
- 2 Low latency mixers per connected device
- Complete I/O routing matrix
- Mic preamp controls for Ensemble
- Output/headphone gain controls for Ensemble
Precision digital encoders give Ensemble users the hands on option to dial in levels and ride mic pre gain more accurately without using a mouse.
The Logical Choice
Ensemble is the first and only multi-channel audio interface that is fully integrated into Logic Pro. With Ensemble, everything from mic pre and output gain to sample and bit rate selection are controllable from within Logic’s Apogee Control Panel. Ensemble, combined with Logic Pro, is the professional’s, easy-to-use, digital audio work station for the Mac.
The Total Package
The sound quality and versatility of Ensemble, combined with your favorite Core Audio application provides the most complete, FireWire-based digital audio workstation available.