Apogee GiO Guitar USB Audio Interface and Controller
Sound Amazing with any application
The Apogee GiO Guitar USB Audio Interface and Controller is an all-in-one piece that will give you incredible recording functions and effects control right at your feet! Apogee GiO is the complete guitar interface for Apple's Logic Studio 9, MainStage 2 and GarageBand '11. Combining effects control, recording functions and legendary Apogee sound quality, GiO delivers total access to incredible sounding guitar amps and effects in a single foot controller and professional USB audio interface.
Plug, Play and Rock with GiO and GarageBand '11
GarageBand '11 in Apple's iLife, features 12 classic amps and 15 stompboxes and offers an amazing range of guitar tone and variety to your Mac. Apogee GiO delivers your guitar signal to and from these amps and effects with uncompromised quality.
With GarageBand '11 and GarageBand '09, GiO lets users quickly connect their guitar, select and control built-in amps and stompboxes, and record. GiO's control panel is integrated into GarageBand and lets you easily make input and output adjustments to dial in level and volume.
From the studio to the stage, GiO gives you total access in Logic Pro 9 and Mainstage 2
Designed to work with Logic Studio 9 and MainStage 2, Apogee GiO allows guitar players to control recording functions, preset changes and plug-ins like Amp Designer and Pedalboard, along with the Playback and Loopback features in MainStage.
Connect GiO to Logic, Pro Tools, Ableton Live or any Core Audio application on the Mac.
Apogee GiO Guitar USB Audio Interface and Controller Features:
Software Control with GiO
Inputs and Outputs with GiO
- Stomp on it
- Effects control without the mouse. Imagine finding your sound without going back and forth from your guitar to your Mac. With GiO, you can audition effects presets in GarageBand, Logic and MainStage, and turn effects on and off while playing or recording...all without touching your keyboard.
- Hands free recording
- GiO frees you from key-command recording allowing you to concentrate on your performance and not the space bar. The five transport buttons on GiO let you record, play, stop and quickly navigate thru your track without taking your hands off the neck of your guitar.
- Next preset please
- Previous and Next preset select buttons let you quickly audition and toggle between guitar amps and effects presets in Logic and GarageBand and the patch lists in MainStage.
- Instrument input
- GiO's 1/4 inch instrument input features Apogee's world-class instrument preamp and converters. Hear and record your guitar's true tone straight into Apple's GarageBand, Logic and MainStage without compromise. GiO is optimized for all pickup configurations from the most basic single coil to sophisticated active electronics setups.
- MIDI Expression pedal input
- GiO's Expression control pedal input allows access to traditional effects like wah-wah, and volume. Also, control effects parameters like the length of a delay or the speed of a tremolo. (Expression Control Pedal not included). Approved expression pedals include: Yamaha FC-7 and Roland EV-5.
- GiO is fully powered by the USB connection to your Mac eliminating the need for an external power source. Simply plug into an available USB port on any Mac and you're ready to go.
- Output: Headphones, monitors or instrument amplifier
- Hear your guitar and recording like never before. Connect your headphones, powered monitors or instrument amplifier to Apogee converters via GiO's 1/4 inch stereo output and listen to your guitar and mix with incredible clarity and dimension.