Arturia Keylab 49 Key Keyboard Controller
With the included Analog Lab software, the Arturia Keylab 49 Key Keyboard Controller is much more than just a professional-grade MIDI keyboard! An impressive array of controls include 49 keys, knobs, 9 sliders and 16 touch-sensitive pads gives you control over the 5000 analog synth presets available in the included software. Whether used as an incredibly powerful synth with the included Arturia Lab software or as a universal MIDI keyboard, the Arturia Keylab 49 controller brings professional feel and quality to musicians everywhere.
Arturia Keylab 49 Key Keyboard Controller Features
KeyLab under the hood
- 49 semi weighted keys with velocity and aftertouch
- 2 clickable encoders, 11 encoders, 9 sliders, 13 switches, 6 transport switches, 1 modulation wheel, 1 pitch bend wheel, 16 touch and pressure-sensitive pads
- MIDI in and out, USB, Sustain pedal, Expression pedal, Aux footswitch, Breath controller inputs
- High quality aluminum and wooden construction
- 32 digits LCD screen
- Functions as an universal MIDI controller
- Fully compatible with third party software and hardware
- Includes Analog Lab with 5000 synth sounds
- All presets are carefully selected from the Arturia Classic Synths (mini V, Modular V, CS-80V, ARP 2600 V, Prophet V, Prophet VS, SEM V and Jupiter-8V) and from Wurlitzer V, recreation of the classic 200A electric piano
- Fast filter the presets to your requirements: by Instrument, by Type, by Characteristics
- In-depth Preset Editing available for the owners of the Arturia Classic Synths (Mini V, CS-80 V, etc.). Edit your sounds on the original instruments within Analog Lab
- More than 200 Multi patches organized by musical genres, each made of two different synth patches with effects, layers and splits
- Straightforward editing, with a complete array of parameters for tweaking sounds, directly assigned to the controls
The Keylab 49 keyboard controller is made with velocity and aftertouch in addition to a set of knobs, faders and pads, as well as full connectivity on the back panel (like expression and sustain). This Arturia controller gives the fullest access to the included Analog Lab software; its pre-assigned controls make it the perfect solution for plug and play sound creation. Once the software is connected to the keyboard, you can put your mouse away and experience the same workflow as on a traditional hardware synth.
Analog Lab Software
Analog Lab is an extremely powerful software synthesizer solution with over 5000 classic synthesizer sounds from Arturia’s premier vintage analog recreations at your fingertips. Do fast and simple editing and customizing of your presets. Owners of the original individual synthesizer software products or the V Collection can open an Analog Lab sound and edit it in the original software, save it and then add it to their library.
Arturia’s new Multi mode allows you to create amazing layers and splits as well as warping and twisting your sounds with 15 high quality effects. Analog Lab will take your sound and workflow to a new level.
When you need to find your sounds fast, choose the Sound Mode and you will have multiple options for choosing and selecting your sounds. The data filtering allows you to narrow your search and helps you find that special Bass or Pad sound you need. Arturia’s updated browser allows you to rate the sounds to your own liking, choose favorites, arrange your columns and sort by name, type, sound designer, favorite, ratings, etc.
Imagine being able to layer the rich pads of a CS-80 and Jupiter 8 together or being able to create a split with your signature Mini V bass on the bottom and a twisted Wurlitzer on top. The new multi mode allows you to create your own layers and splits in a fast and easy way. Just drag and drop your chosen sounds. You can further sculpt your sound by processing each layer with a plethora of effects. There are 15 high quality and unique effects that will allow you to create wild variations on the existing sounds.
The PADS tab on the lower hardware section of the screen of Keylab 49 will open when you click on it to reveal the number of pads that your Arturia controller has. You can then program these pads to play individual notes or chords. These can be set to send notes or chords from a list of standard chords and voicing’s.
The Snapshot tab will allow you to access your favorite sounds immediately. Simple drag and drop your favorite MULTI or SOUND program onto the snapshot button and then you can recall that sound with a simple press.
Analog Lab is a virtual instrument, which means that sounds are processed within the computer. It can be used as a stand-alone application or as a plug-in within the main sequencer programs: Steinberg Cubase, Digidesign Pro Tools, Ableton Live, Apple Logic Audio, MOTU Digital Performer, Cakewalk Sonar.
The user customizable MIDI mapping allows you to control the parameters you want to control with your favorite keyboard. Better than that, use an Arturia Keyboard controller and the interface will automatically change to show the knob and slider layouts so that you get a slick 1:1 user interface.
TAE powered sounds
All presets in Analog Factory have been carefully selected from the Arturia Classic Synths : Mini V, Modular V, CS-80 V, ARP2600 V, Jupiter-8V, Prophet 5, Prophet VS, Oberheim SEM V and Wurlitzer V. These TAE powered sounds offer unparalleled audio quality.