Arturia Spark Virtual Drum Machine Control Surface
Combining the power of analog synthesis, physical modeling and samples, through the intuitive workflow of a hardware drum machine, the Arturia Spark Virtual Drum Machine Control Surface is a highly creative beat production center. Spark will save you time when looking for the right drum kit, will get you hooked by its amazing simplicity, and will surprise you by its sonic possibilities.
With a complete library including vintage drum machines, electronic analog kits, acoustic and physical drums, Spark is your weapon of choice to create unique grooves whether you are producing in the studio or performing on stage.
Arturia Spark Virtual Drum Machine Control Surface Features
- Pristine quality sound engines including : TAE Analog synthesis, Multi layered sampling delivered by reference third-party companies, Physical modeling
- 480 Instruments / 30 Kits:
- Vintage drum machines: Analog emulations of the TR-808, TR-909, Simmons SDS-V, and Eprom based LinnDrum, Drumtraks, DMX, and more.
- Electronic kits covering the most popular modern music styles : Dub, House, Techno, Hip Hop, RnB… as well as experimental fields thanks to the physical modeling engine.
- Acoustic drum kits mixing physical modeling and samples for high audio realism.
- 16 key – 64 step sequencer
- 8 velocity & pressure sensitive pads
- Touch sensitive FX Pad with Repeat, Tape, Reverse, Strobe, Pan, Mix, Bit Crusher, 3 mode Filter and Roller
- Advanced Loop mode with divide and move functions
- Real-time automation on all parameters
- 16 track mixer with 9 high quality effects : compressor, reverb, bit crusher, multiband EQ, chorus, delay, distortion, phaser, plate reverb
- Song Mode with up to 64 patterns by song
- Shuffle and Shift modes to humanize grooves
- High precision rotary encoders
- Aluminum enclosure
- Works as a universal MIDI controller towards any third-party software
Spark takes the best elements from analog drum machines, sampled based beatboxes and acoustic drum sets. Then Spark combines them in a modern beat station offering powerful synthesis and expressive control.
Where MPC-styled drum machines will have you browsing and playing with endless libraries of samples, Arturia Spark invites you to dive deep into the synthesis of drums. Spark integrates a step sequencer with 16 keys allowing you to create patterns with up to 64 steps. Like on classic drum machines, it is also possible to place accents on each step by selecting the accent button.
8 velocity sensitive pads enable you to perform your groove with all its nuances and intensity. Thanks to their pressure sensitivity, they will also help you create rolls with great precision. You can choose if you want your performance to be quantized or not, depending if you want to emphasize on the spontaneity or the precision of your beats.
Thanks to the Jog Dial, browsing and loading your kits and instruments have never been that fast and easy. In synchronization with your movements on the Jog Dial, the LCD screen displays all useful information, while the software cover flow comes handy to spot your favorite projects at a glance.
The touch sensitive Pad offers real-time quality FXs, right at your fingertips, for dramatic transformations of your beats. Each instrument track (above each pad) is controllable thanks to 3 knobs. These encoders give you in-depth access to the sonic parameters.
Each knob is already pre-assigned, but you can also remap it to your liking onto 6 different sound parameters. Spark's advanced looper is the perfect weapon for creating live breaks.
Spark's Sound Engine embeds Arturia’s TAE technology, standing for True Analog Emulation. Transposing this awarded technology into Spark allowed Arturia to recreate all the punch, warmth and thickness of the sounds from the most sought after analogue drum machines.
Including Physical Modeling techniques, Spark enables you to refine, alter and distort the physical properties of drums. Spark integrates a collection of high quality drum samples provided by reference third party companies, resulting in a wide collection of beats ranging from Minimal to Techno, Hip Hop to RnB, Dub to Electro. On top of this, Spark lets you easily import your own sounds in wave and aiff formats, and then chop, layer and edit them within its sound engine.
Spark's mixer recreates the interface of a professional mixing board, providing on each of the 16 stereo tracks : volume fader, panning, mute/solo, 2 auxiliary sends and up to 2 insert effects.
Each drum instrument can be processed through 9 professional grade digital effects : Bit Crusher, Multiband Compressor, Delay, Distortion, Chorus, Parametric EQ, Phaser, Plate Reverb, Reverb. Every instrument can be automated. That means that you can turn the knobs while recording your performance, and all the sound modifications will be saved within the sequencer.
Spark includes emulations of the following vintage drum machines:
- Roland TR-808
- Roland TR-909
- Oberheim DMX
- Sequential Circuits Drumtraks
- Simmons SDS-V
- Roland CR78 / Acetone Rythm Ace
Samples are recorded and produced by the best third party companies for the highest audio realism, and multi-layered for accurate velocity response.
Spark's software can be used as standalone or plug-in application within your favorite host sequencer:
- Steinberg Cubase
- Digidesign Pro Tools
- Ableton Live
- Apple Logic Audio
- MOTU Digital Performer
- Cakewalk Sonar
In plug-in mode, the 16 audio outputs of Spark can be instantly routed into the audio tracks of your DAW. Spark comes with import function of Audio Aiff and Wave files, MIDI files and REX2 files. Drag and drop export of patterns in Wave and MIDI formats into your DAW also makes it handy for quickly saving your beat creations.
Arturia Spark can also acts as a universal MIDI controller that will allow you to control any other compatible hardware or software. A MIDI Control Center application is also available as a download, allowing you to easily map Spark's controls to your gear.