The Audio Technica AT2020 Cardioid Condenser Microphone features a proprietary design and the proven reliability of Audio-Technica's modern engineering and manufacturing expertise. Ideal for project/home studio applications, the AT2020 features a custom-engineered low-mass diaphragm, providing extended frequency response plus the ability to handle extremely high SPLs. This mic is also available with USB connection for home recording, check out the Audio Technica AT2020 USB Mic.
The AT2020 has a fixed cardioid polar pattern to allow isolation of the desired sound source. The mic features excellent performance specifications, including a flat, extended frequency response (20 - 20,000 Hz), high SPL handling capability (144 dB), and a wide dynamic range (124 dB). Every aspect of the AT2020 has been tailored for a very smooth, natural sound while ensuring maximum accuracy, making it a perfect complement for today's digital recording equipment.
The Audio Technica AT2020 comes standard with a pivoting, threaded stand mount, which attaches securely for easy and precise placement. The microphone requires 48V phantom power that may be provided by a mixer/console. In addition, the AT2020 measures 6.38 inches long, has a maximum body diameter of 2.05 inches, weighs 12.1 oz., and comes with a soft protective carrying pouch.
Audio Technica AT2020 Condenser Mic Features
- The price/performance standard in side-address studio condenser microphone technology
- Ideal for project/home-studio applications
- High SPL handling and wide dynamic range provide unmatched versatility
- Custom-engineered low-mass diaphragm provides extended frequency response and superior transient response
- Cardioid polar pattern reduces pickup of sounds from the sides and rear, improving isolation of desired sound source
- Pivoting, threaded stand mount attaches securely for easy and precise placement of the microphone