The Audio Technica AT4081 ia a phantom-powered bidirectional ribbon microphone.
Delivering the warmth and natural sound of a classic ribbon microphone, Audio Technica’s handcrafted AT4081 offers a robust build for long-lasting performance and higher output for maximum compatibility with microphone preamplifiers. With its low-profile stick design, this microphone is a natural for use on a wide range of instruments (horns, strings, drum overheads, orchestras and more) and guitar cabinets in recording studios and live-sound settings.
Equally at home in recording studios and live-sound settings, the microphone features Audio Technica’s innovative MicroLinear ribbon imprint, which protects the dual ribbons from lateral flexing and distortion. With 18 patents pending, Audio Technica’s innovative ribbon transducer advances the evolution of ribbon microphone design. Experience the difference.
Audio Technica AT4081 Ribbon Microphone Features
- Low-profile stick design maximizes placement options
- Smooth, warm and natural sound tuned for instrument reproduction
- Audio-Technica ribbon design with 18 patents pending including proprietary MicroLinear ribbon imprint for superior durability
- Innovative dual ribbon construction for increased sensitivity
- Extremely powerful N50 neodymium magnets for high output level
- Superfine mesh guards against ribbon damage
- High-SPL capability and extended frequency response
- Handmade production – including ribbon corrugation, imprint and assembly
- Phantom-powered active electronics provide stable impedance and higher output for maximum compatibility with microphone preamplifiers
- Certified by the METAlliance (Music Engineering and Technology Alliance)