The Audix DP Elite 8 8-Piece Drum Microphone Package is the ultimate combination of high quality drum mics for both live and studio use. All mics work hand in hand to provide superb performance with no weak spots. Choose the Audix DP Elite 8 8-piece drum mic package if you demand the best in sound quality, reliability and functionality.
Audix DP Elite 8 8-Piece Drum Microphone Package Includes
- One D6 with DCLIP (bass drum mic)
- One i5 with DVICE rim mount clips (snare, guitar/bass cab mic)
- Two D2 mics with DVICE rim mount clips (tom-percussion inst. mics)
- One D4 with DVICE rim mount clip (floor tom, bass cab mic)
- Two SCX1C mics with DCLIPS and windscreens (pencil condensers for drum overheads, acoustic guitar, - percussion instruments)
- One SCX1HC with DCLIP and windscreen (hyper condenser for hight hat)
- One Aluminum road case
Included in the Audix DP Elite 8 drum mic package is the D6, Audix's flagship kick drum mic, two- D2's for rack toms, one D4 for floor tom, the i5 for snare, a pair of SCX1C's for overhead miking, and the SCX1-HC for high-hat. Also included are four Audix D-Vice rim mount clips for the snare and tom mics, and three heavy duty tension fit mic clips for the SCX1 microphones. A foam-lined aluminum carrying case road case is also included!
- D6 - Kick Drum
- The Audix D6 mic has a frequency response of 30Hz-15kHz and is characterized with a cardioid pick-up pattern. The D6 is designed to sound good in any position and it is not dependent on finding the sweet spot of the drum. The D6 capsule features the same legendary VLM technology that has made the D series percussion and instrument microphones very popular for today's live stages and recording studios.
- i5 - Snare
- The Audix i5 has the ability to capture the rich, deep resonance of the snare along with the attack necessary to cut through the mix. The i5's cardioid polar pattern allows it to focus on the specific instrument that is being miked while rejecting other instruments or ambient noise on stage. With a smooth and uniform frequency response of 50 Hz-16 kHz and an ability to handle sound pressure levels in excess of 140 dB, the i5 can be also used for a wide variety of instrument applications including percussion, guitar cabs, and vocals.
- D2 (two) - Rack Toms
- For bringing out the real, dynamic sound of toms or congas, the Audix D2 mic cannot be beat. The D2 accurately reproduces the warmth and overtones of the instrument without sounding harsh or boomy. The D2 microphone, which is very natural and articulate, requires very little (if any) EQ, and because of the tight hypercardioid polar pattern, no gating is needed.
- D4 - Floor Tom
- The Audix D4, which provides an additional octave of low end response beyond the D2, is the perfect companion for large toms and other instruments characterized with extended bass frequencies. In fact, the D4 mic responds down to below 40 Hz, a remarkable feat for a microphone of the this size. The D4 is very linear in response and can be considered the most versatile of the D-Series microphones.
- SCX1C (two) Overheads
- The Audix SCX1-C, a pencil condenser requiring 48-52 Volts phantom power, is a highly sensitive microphones that will provide imagining and audio detail beyond your expectations. Characterized with a cardioid pickup pattern and a smooth uniform response over a frequency range of 40Hz-20kHz, the SCX1-C has been a secret weapon for many sound engineers who have become envious for their drum sound.
- SCX1HC - High Hat
- The Audix SCX1-HC mic is considered by a growing number of sound engineers and artists as the very best possible choice for high-hat, providing a level of detail and realism that is astonishing. Characterized with a hypercardioid pickup for isolation and feedback control, the Audix SCX1HC features a machined brass body, low noise electronics, and black e-coat finish, and modular threaded capsule.