The Audix OM5 Dynamic Vocal Microphone is amazing for live performances or studio applications! Exclusive to Audix is the VLM low impedance, dynamic mic capsule which delivers unsurpassed sonic purity, great off-axis rejection for more gain before feedback and increased stage signal separation and legendary Audix durability. Employing a transformer-coupled VLM Type C capsule for condenser-like high frequency, the Audix OM5 Dynamic Vocal Microphone offers incredible detail and tight, punchy bottom end.
First produced in 1995, the Audix OM5 Dynamic Vocal Microphone has become highly regarded by artists and engineers for its ability to produce quality sound at very high sound pressure levels without distortion or feedback. The Audix OM5 Mic is naturally attenuated at 120Hz to reduce boominess and handling noise. The mid-range is tailored for clarity and presence making it easier for the vocals to be heard both in the mains and monitors.
Audix OM5 Dynamic Vocal Microphone Features
- Clear and accurate vocal reproduction
- Handles high SPL without distortion
- Low handling noise
- Provides exceptional gain before feedback
- Provides maximum vocal isolation on stage
- Dent resistant spring steel grill
Characterized with an extremely tight and uniformly controlled hypercardioid polar pattern that isolates the vocals other stage instruments, the Audix OM5 Dynamic Vocal Microphone has a wide 48Hz-19kHz frequency range, is comfortable to hold, durable and manufactured with high standards and tight tolerances.
Featuring a precision die cast zinc alloy body, black e-coat finish, laser etched model and serial number, steel mesh grill, Switchcraft XLR connector and heavy duty nylon clip, the Audix OM5 is a serious touring mic built for the road.
Audix OM5 Dynamic Vocal Microphone Applications
- Live Stage, live recording: Excellent for lead and backing vocals - all venues
- Instruments: Sax, brass, guitar, dobro, flute, percussion, drums
- Broadcast: Announce mic, interview mic
- Home Studio: Multi-use vocal and instrument applications