Avantone CK40 Stereo Condenser Microphone
The versatile Avantone CK40 Stereo Class A FET microphone features twin LARGE 35mm center-terminated pressure gradient transducers.
The Avantone Cabernet (C-series) mics from Avant Electronics are designed to offer true professional performance. They will meet or surpass the performance and specifications of much higher priced mics.
The Avantone CK40 is truly a gorgeous looking and sounding microphone. The design, character and performance can be compared directly to some of the world’s very finest STEREO FET mics…but at a fraction of their cost!
Avantone CK40 Stereo Condenser Microphone Features:
- Uses include: Studio group vocals, acoustic guitar, mandolin, drum overheads, piano, room mic, etc…
- The 3 patterns allow the CK40 to be used in a variety of situations including M-S recording.
- The -10dB attenuation switch can be engaged when miking very high SPL sources to keep from overloading the electronics.
- The 80Hz HIGH-PASS filter switch can be engaged to reduce rumble and to keep unwanted low frequencies from muddying up the track.
- Manufactured using the finest materials yielding a very solid feel, superb structural integrity and rugged reliability.
- Extra Large dual 35mm center-terminated Euro style capsules
- The versatile Stereo CK40 mic is able to produce professional results with a warm, pleasing sonic character.
- The included Custom Retro Shockmount is superb in allowing a precise positioning of the mic while inhibiting the transfer of unwanted vibrations up into the mic. This isolation allows for superior professional results.
The versatile Avantone CK40 Stereo Class A FET microphone features twin LARGE 35mm center-terminated pressure gradient transducers. Their close physical proximity places them in a tight vertical array to allow accurate stereo imaging without phase issues arising. The top capsule/grill assembly rotates up to 180 degrees relative to the lower capsule/grill assembly. This feature along with the multi-pattern independent selector choices allow for all stereo recording techniques to be utilized. (XY-Coincident / Blumlein, M-S)
The 2 sets of pad, pattern select & LF rolloff switches independently control the capsules. (Front switches control the lower fixed grill/capsule while the rear switches control the upper rotating headgrill.)
The CK40 operates on standard 48 volt phantom power and includes a 5-Pin mic cable that plugs into the included 1x2 stereo splitter box. Two standard XLR mic cables are then all that is required to connect to a phantom powered mic preamp/console channel.
About Avant Electronics...
It is our belief that great audio products can be created without charging thousands of dollars for them. We are very sensitive to the real-world operating budgets of studios as well as the struggling artist/songwriters who are very passionate about creating great music but have budget limitations based on common sense spending.
We strive to offer products that anyone would be proud to own and have long-term use of in the quest for creating great music.
We pledge to manufacture high quality products at affordable prices...and won't release any product unless we would use it ourselves in professional situations.