Behringer Super-X Pro CX3400 Crossover
Whether you're doing sound in a small club or large concert hall, looking to improve your stage monitoring or need an additional subwoofer in your studio, the Behringer Super-X Pro CX3400 Crossover will fill the bill.
Behringer Super-X Pro CX3400 Crossover Features:
Move your speakers without leaving your seat
- Switchable stereo 2-way/3-way or mono 4-way operation
- Several SUPER-X PRO's can be linked for unlimited frequency bands
- 24 dB/octave, state-variable Linkwitz-Riley filters for precise frequency separation
- Completely linear, phase-compensated amplitude response when summing signals
- Independent IGC limiter per output MUTE button, phase reverse switch and adjustable output level per band for easy system adaptation
- Crossover frequencies adjustable between 44 - 930 Hz and 440 Hz – 9.3 kHz (x 10)
- Switchable 25 Hz subsonic filter per input (12 dB/octave)
- Switchable equalization for constant-directivity horns
- Adjustable delay (up to 2 msec.) for runtime and phase correction
- Servo-balanced inputs and outputs with XLR connectors
- Manufactured under ISO9000 certified management system
If the drivers in a multi-way system aren't set up in a vertical line, you often get phase errors and cancellations. Super-X Pro to the rescue! A clever problem solver, the CX3400 crossover enables you to delay the low frequency bands up to 2 msec., which correlates to moving the speaker backwards up to app. 70 cm. Adjustable crossover frequencies and an additional Polarity button per output allow perfect runtime and phase problem compensation for various types of speakers and horns. Other features include a limiter on each output, 24dB/octave Linkwitz-Riley filters, and XLR I/O.
The special Frequency knobs with 41 detents allow precise setting of both channels' crossover frequencies. The Super-X Pro’s extremely wide frequency adjustment ranges from 44 to 930 Hz and from 440 Hz to 9.3 kHz (x 10) assure perfect adaptation to any speaker system.
Your guardian angel
Each band of the Behringer CX3400 features an integrated IGC (Interactive Gain Control) limiter, which effectively protects your system and speakers against overloading. The threshold for all six limiters is variable between -6 and +18 dB, whereas each limiter operates individually on its particular frequency band. Precise LED displays monitor the status of the limiters and inform you immediately when a limiter becomes active. Your system is protected and your success guaranteed.
The universal speaker management system
You want lots of volume and big, fat low end? Leave it to Super-X Pro. The lowest frequency band can be merged to a mono signal and separated from the mix, leaving the rest in stereo. Combining the bass cabinets to form a single cluster enables optimal efficiency and notably increased sound pressure level. You can't do much better than the CX3400 Crossover if you're looking to add a powerful subwoofer output to your studio monitor or PA system.