Behringer Europower EPQ1200 Power Amplifier
The Behringer EPQ1200 power amplifier packs the power of Accelerated Transient Response (ATR) technology into an exceptionally lightweight package. Ample power and high-tech efficiency combine to give you a feather-light supercharged workhorse that will keep your rig kicking performance after performance.
Behringer Europower EPQ1200 Power Amplifier Features
- 2 x 600 Watts into 4 Ohms; 2 x 320 Watts into 8 Ohms
- ATR (Accelerated Transient Response) technology for ultimate punch and clarity
- Ultra-light, ultra-low noise and ultra-efficient switch-mode power supply for noise-free audio, superior transient response and low power consumption
- Switchable limiters offer maximum output level with reliable overload protection
- Detented gain controls for precise setting and matching of sensitivity
- Precise Power, Signal and Limit LEDs to monitor performance
- XLR, 1/4 inch TRS and RCA input connectors for compatibility with any source
- Professional speaker connectors and touch-proof binding posts support most speaker wiring systems
- Built-in Subwoofer/Satellite crossover for more flexibility
- Independent DC and thermal overload protection on each channel automatically protects amplifier and speakers without shutting down the show
- Back-to-front ventilation system including air filter for reliable operation
- Built-like-a-tank, impact-resistant and all-steel 2 space rackmount chassis
- Minimum depth chassis (10.1 inches / 257 mm) and ultra-light weight design (14.8 lbs / 6.7 kg), fits into compact, inexpensive effects racks
- High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life
- Conceived and designed by Behringer Germany
Accelerated Transient Response Delivers the Knockout Punch
It takes huge pulses of energy (current and voltage) to propel a woofer cone out fast enough to match a bass beat. That’s called Transient Response and it’s the holy grail of amp designers. By carefully selecting transistors with extremely high slew rates and optimizing other proprietary parts of our circuitry, our amps are able to react instantly to even the most demanding electronic bass impulses. If the woofers in your PA system can keep up, your audience will hear a tighter, crisper, more natural sound
Instead of operating relatively continuously like most power amps, the EPQ power amps feature rail tracking for effectively modulating the power supply rails with only the peaks of the input signal. This technology has revolutionized pro audio amp designs with its outstanding performance and efficiency. When combined with switching-mode power supplies that do away with heavy toroid transformers, our new designs provide more dynamic punch and, because they are so much more efficient, run cooler and don’t require huge, heavy heat sinks.
Behringer didn’t invent this technology, but their R&D Department has been working for years to perfect lightweight amps that run cool and also achieve their goal of Accelerated Transient Response.
Everything You Need
The simple front panel controls of these amps give you all of your sound’s vital signs at a glance. After pressing the Power Button, the Power LED will light when the amp is ready for action. Both channels have independent gain dials as well as clip LEDs that indicate when the signal is distorted and you need to reduce the gain. There are also Signal LEDs that light up when a signal is present at the input.
On the back panel, the inputs accept balanced XLR, 1/4 inch TRS, and unbalanced 1/4 inch TS and RCA connections. Take your pick of professional locking speaker outputs or touch-proof binding posts to securely connect speakers. The same panel contains the switches that allow you to put these amps to work in either mono, stereo (two channel mode) or mono bridge mode. A built-in crossover switch allow you to send low frequency content to subwoofers and other sound reinforcement speakers (CH1<100 Hz / CH2>100 Hz or FULL RANGE). Flick the limiter on/off switch to activate the built-in overload protection, or turn it off if you’re feeling lucky.
Behringer's EPQ1200 power amp is built for the working musician. It is exceptionally light, pack massive power and are built to last through all the rigors of the road. Plus its light price tag will leave you with enough cash left over to acquire more stuff to amplify! Check out the EPQ series and find out why Behringer power amps are among the most popular on Earth.