Behringer Ultragain Pro MIC2200 Microphone Preamp
The Behringer MIC2200 Ultragain Pro is the perfect match for your best studio vocal or instrument microphones. Combining both tube and vintage transistor technology, Behringer has captured the warmth of the tube and quality of sound you have come to expect. Each channel features: 48V phantom power with soft ramp up, a tunable, 12DB-slope High Pass Filter(15-350Hx), phase reverse switches, parametric filter for detailed point metering, level translator(variable -20 to +20dB), 12 point metering with clip indicator. Also, servo-balanced 1/4" and XLR connectors, a 5-year warranty.
Like its predecessor, our new BEHRINGER ULTRAGAIN PRO MIC2200 is once again causing sensation. It's the ideal extension to you console, sampler, hard disk recording system or DAT recorder. The extremely low-noise, high-end 2-channel microphone/line preamp with its warm tube sound lends your most demanding instrumental and vocal recordings incredible detail resolution and musical warmth. Helpful supplementary functions and dramatically improved sound make the ULTRAGAIN PRO an indispensable addition to your outboard gear.
Back to the future: tube technology from BEHRINGER®
In today's digital world the classic tube sound is experiencing a surprising renaissance. In our continuing effort to react to your demands, we've integrated a 12AX7 vacuum tube into the ULTRAGAIN PRO MIC2200. In doing this we managed to create an effective symbiosis of tradition and innovation, to further develop traditional tube circuitry and adapt it to modern professional audio technology.
The best is just good enough for you: BEHRINGER®'s high-end parametric EQ
Parametric EQ's represent the state of the art in equalizer systems. That's why they're the perfect complement for the ULTRA GAIN PRO. Our parametric EQ allows you to adjust all filter parameters: center frequency, bandwidth and amplitude. The highly precise state-variable filter allows musical frequency correction as well as creative sound shaping. Frequency switching allows you to sweep the entire frequency range from 10 Hz to 20 kHz for exceptional flexibility.
"Notching out", the precise elimination of problem frequencies for feedback or hum removal without affecting neighboring frequencies, is one of many common and invaluable applications for this EQ.
BEHRINGER® has the solutions
Be honest: have induced interference or transmission losses due to lengthy cables ever made you want to scream (or worse)?
Here's the answer: the ULTRAGAIN PRO's "Direct Inject Box" function permanently commits these deadly effects to history, converting unbalanced instrument signals into clean, balanced signals. Another vital element is the soft mute function for the +48 V phantom power, which effectively suppresses switching noises and pampers your microphones, speakers and nerves. Low-frequency signals like impact noise can also deteriorate your audio quality and damage your gear. A switchable low-cut filter with a sweepable range from 15 to 320 Hz provides efficient low-frequency attenuation and removal of unwanted noise.
Applications unlimited: the ULTRAGAIN® PRO as a level converter
The ULTRAGAIN PRO provides excellent service when you need to convert home-recording levels (-10 dBV) to the professional standard (+4 dBu) – just one more example of its outstanding functionality.
ULTRAGAIN® PRO MIC2200: audio purity at its best!
Behringer MIC2200 Ultragain Pro Features
- Extremely low-noise, high-end discrete microphone/line preamp
- Integrated high-quality 12AX7 vacuum tube for super-musical tube sound
- Microphone input stages based on state-of-the-art, ultra low-noise 2SA1084 transistor pairs
- Extreme bandwidth from 2 Hz to 200 kHz for open, transparent sound
- Two additional high-end parametric EQ's
- Independent level conversion from home to professional level (-10 dBV / +4 dBu)
- Super low-noise 4580 operational amplifiers for outstanding audio quality
- Extremely flexible "Direct Inject Box" function
- Soft mute function for +48 V phantom power suppresses switching noise
- Fully sweepable, switchable high-pass filter (12 dB/octave)
- PHASE REVERSE button for phase correction
- Precise 12-segment output level display
- Servo-balanced, gold-plated XLR and 1/4" TRS connectors
- Professional-quality potentiometers and illuminated switches
- Manufactured under ISO9000 certified management system