Behringer Xenyx Q1202 USB Mixer
Armed with four premium mic preamps and a robust feature set, the Behringer Xenyx Q1202USB Mixer is set to make high quality recordings in any setting! Along with their built-in USB/audio interfaces and ‘one-knob’ mono channel compressors, the Xenyx Q1202USB mixer by Behringer comes with all the recording and editing software you’ll need to turn your computer into a complete, high-performance recording studio.
Behringer Xenyx Q1202USB Mixer Features
What's a Compressor?
- Premium ultra-low noise, high headroom analog mixer
- 4 state-of-the-art XENYX Mic Preamps comparable to stand-alone boutique preamps
- Studio-grade compressors with super-easy one-knob functionality and control LED for professional vocal and instrumental sound
- Built-in stereo USB/Audio Interface to connect directly to your computer. Free audio recording, editing and podcasting software plus 150 instrument/effect plug-ins downloadable at behringer.com
- Neo-classic British 3-band EQs for warm and musical sound
- 1 post fader FX send per channel for external FX devices
- Main mix outputs plus separate control room, phones and 2-Track outputs
- 2-Track inputs assignable to main mix or control room/phones outputs
- FX to control room function helps to monitor effect signal via headphones and control room outputs
- High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life
Ask professional sound engineers what their favorite piece of external processing gear is and the response will be virtually unanimous – dynamic compression. Compression limits the dynamic range of a signal, lowering the level of loud sounds and turning up softer sounds to achieve sonic balance. But applying compression is a delicate art that many novice, and even intermediate sound techs have difficulty mastering. Behringer’s one-knob compression is available on all mono channels and is easy to operate, even for entry-level users.
Sonically Superior Mic Preamps
The Xenyx Q1202USB mixer features four great-sounding, high headroom XENYX mic preamps. These state-of-the-art mic preamps are a tremendous step in the evolution of audio technology— and they can easily hold their own, even when compared to expensive, boutique-style mic preamps. XENYX preamps offer a staggering 130 dB of dynamic range with a bandwidth that extends from below 10 Hz to well above 200 kHz.
Sweet British EQ
The British consoles of the 1960s and ‘70s changed the sound of rock and roll. Without them, the British Invasion might not have even happened. Those legendary mixing desks soon became the envy of engineers and producers all over the world. The channel EQ on Behringer XENYX mixers is based on that very same circuitry, allowing you to imbue signals with incredible warmth and detailed musical character.
Thanks to the built-in, bi-directional stereo USB audio interface, you can connect directly to your PC or Mac computer via a single USB cable. Now any signal source connected to the mixer can be recorded straight to your hard drive.
Because you’ll want to take full advantage of the Xenyx Q1202USB mixers’ recording and podcasting potential, Behringer has put together a massive software download at www.behringer.com that includes Audacity, Podifier, Juice, Podnova and Golden Ear (a great selection of podcasting software). You’re ready to go live on your PC or Mac right out of the box! You also get more than 100 virtual instruments and 50 FX plug-ins, turning your computer into a complete home-based or mobile recording studio.
Compose. Record. Mix. Share.
Tracktion 4 puts the fun back into the creative process, so Behringer is including it free of charge with this mixer! This powerful, yet easy-to-use music production software is unlike anything you’ve seen before, putting everything you’ll need on your desktop, on a single-screen – without the sea of drop down and hidden menus common to most other DAWs. And TRACKTION doesn’t limit the number of tracks you can record, or the number of effects you can use.