The power to be used live and the versatility to be used in the studio! The Behringer Xenyx QX2442USB USB Audio Mixer features premium grade components and professional features to rival mixers costing many times more. With premium mic preamps and a robust feature set, the Xenyx QX2442USB mixer is at home at any venue and provides state of the art tools for recording high quality audio.
Features like dedicated, ‘wireless-ready’ integration for Behringer’s ULM Series USB mics, makes the QX2442USB mixer the first of its kind in the industry. Along with their built-in USB/audio interfaces, ‘one-knob’ mono channel compressors and KLARK TEKNIK FX engines, the Behringer Xenyx QX2442USB comes with all the recording and editing software you’ll need to turn your computer into a complete, high-performance recording studio.
Behringer Xenyx QX2442USB USB Audio Mixer Features
- Premium ultra-low noise, high headroom mixer
- 10 state-of-the-art, phantom-powered XENYX Mic Preamps comparable to stand-alone boutique preamps
- 8 studio-grade compressors with super-easy one-knob functionality and control LED for professional vocal and instrumental sound
- Ultra-high quality KLARK TEKNIK FX processor with LCD display, dual-parameters, Tap function and storable user parameter settings
- Wireless-ready for high-quality Behringer digital wireless system (not included)
- Built-in stereo USB/Audio Interface to connect directly to your computer. Free audio recording, editing and podcasting software plus 150 instrument/effect plug-ins downloadable at behringer.com
- Neo-classic 'British' 3-band EQs with semi-parametric mid band for warm and musical sound
- Channel inserts and direct outputs on each mono channel plus main mix inserts for flexible connection of outboard equipment
- 4 aux sends per channel: 2 pre/post fader switchable for monitoring/FX applications, 2 post fader (for internal FX or as external send)
- Clip LEDs, mute, main mix and subgroup routing switches, solo and PFL functions on all channels
- 4 subgroups with separate outputs for added routing flexibility; 4 multi-functional stereo aux returns with flexible routing
- Control room/phones outputs with multi-input source matrix; rec inputs assignable to main mix or control room/phones outputs
- Long-wearing 60-mm logarithmic-taper faders and sealed rotary controls
- ‘Planet Earth’ switching power supply for maximum flexibility (100 - 240 V), noise-free audio, superior transient response plus low power consumption for energy saving
- High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life
The flagship of the Xenyx QX USB Series is the QX2442USB with 10 state-of-the-art, Xenyx-powered mic inputs, 4 stereo channels, 4 Aux Sends, 4 stereo Aux Returns, plus our easy to use ‘one knob’ compressors on all mono channels. Other features exclusive to the QX2442USB are: four subgroups for mixing flexibility; L/R Main Inserts (the ideal path for connecting graphic equalizers or compressor/limiters); and 8 each Direct Outs and Sub Outs for analog recording purposes. Enjoy the freedom of wireless mic functionality, thanks to the built-in ULM receiver port.
KLARK TEKNIK FX on All QX Models
Nothing adds the finishing touch to a live or recorded performance like really good effects, so Behringer equipped the QX2442USB mixer with one of the best FX engines in the industry. Designed by the world-renowned KLARK TEKNIK engineering team, these high-end FX processors feature 32 studio-grade presets with dual addressable parameters, Tap function and storable user parameter settings. Complete with its own dedicated level meter, these effects provide a wide range of enhancement options, from sweet and mild to absolutely wild!
Wireless Ready Performance
This incredible mixer is also ‘wireless-ready’ right out of the box! Behringer’s new ULTRALINK ULM200USB (sold separately) features two high-quality 2.4 GHz wireless mics, plus a special 2-channel receiver dongle that connects directly to a dedicated input port on the top of the mixer. This technologic breakthrough makes for seamless wireless integration that is easier and more affordable than ever.
What's a Compressor?
Dynamic compression is a sound engineer’s best friend. Compression limits the dynamic range of a signal, lowering the level of loud sounds and turning up softer sounds to achieve sonic balance. But applying compression is more difficult than you might think. The QX2442USB’s ‘one-knob’ compression is available on all mono channels and is easy to operate. Now you can easily dial in the perfect amount of compression for instruments and vocals, creating powerful mixes with punch and clarity.
Sonically Superior Mic Preamps
All Behringer Xenyx mixers have one thing in common; great-sounding, high headroom Xenyx mic preamps. Xenyx preamps offer a staggering 130 dB of dynamic range with a bandwidth that extends from below 10 Hz to well above 200 kHz. As a result, the Xenyx QX2442USB mixer provides such transparent, crystal-clear performance that you just might think someone upgraded your mics while you weren’t looking.
Sweet British EQ
The British consoles of the 1960s and ‘70s changed the sound of rock and roll. Those legendary mixing desks soon became the envy of engineers and producers all over the world. The channel EQ on Behringer’s Xenyx mixers is based on that very same circuitry, allowing you to imbue signals with incredible warmth and detailed musical character.
Thanks to the built-in, bi-directional stereo USB audio interface, you can connect directly to your PC or Mac computer via a single USB cable. Now any signal source connected to the mixer can be recorded straight to your hard drive!
How About Some Free Software!
To take full advantage of your QX2442USB mixers’ recording and podcasting potential, you can go to www.behringer.com to download Audacity (the most popular open source audio editor), Podifier, Juice, Podnova and Golden Ear (a great selection of podcasting software), absolutely free! You’re ready to go live on your PC or Mac right out of the box! You also get more than 100 virtual instruments and 50 FX plug-ins.