The Behringer T1 Tube Condenser Microhpone exemplifies Behringer’s commitment to quality and value and now anyone who can afford a decent live microphone can have a studio grade, tube-powered condenser microphone for about the same price.
Classic Tube Sound
The sound of tubes is undeniably rich and smooth. One advantage tube condensers have over their solid-state counterparts is they are not subject to the rapid rise of odd-order harmonics, which the ear perceives as highly unmusical. At the heart of each of this microphone is a hand selected 12AX7 tube, which has been specifically designed to give these microphones their incredible sonic character. Even when subjected to high sound pressure levels, the Behringer T1 microphone reacts in much the same way the human ear does.
Behringer T1 Tube Condenser Microphone Features:
Behringer T1 has a Sensitive Side
- Professional, large-diaphragm, tube condenser microphone for unsurpassed audio quality
- Hand selected 12AX7 vacuum tube for exceptional warmth and vintage sound
- Ideal as main and support microphone for studio and live applications
- Cardioid pickup pattern for outstanding sound source separation and feedback rejection
- Pressure-gradient transducer with shock-mounted capsule
- Perfect for vocals and acoustic instruments
- Switchable low frequency roll off and -20 dB input attenuation
- External power supply with 30 foot multi-core included
- Heavy-duty suspension mount, windscreen and aluminum transport case included
- Ultra-rugged construction with metal die-cast body
- High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life
The Behringer T1 picks up every nuance of your performance, capturing an openly transparent slice of time and space - with just the right amount of tube warmth. Another advantage is that tube microphones typically outperform transistor designs when it comes to subtle signal levels, such as environmental ambience. Now you'll be able to justify that new set of strings for your acoustic guitar and you'll marvel at the sparkling highlights coming off your wind chimes.
But I Need a Good Kick-Drum Microphone
While these microhpones can handle input levels as high as 130 dB, the Behringer T1 tube condenser microphone comes equipped with a switchable -20 dB pad for the extremely high transients generated by kick-drums, heavy-metal vocalists and mortar launchers. With its 20 Hz to 20 kHz frequency range, the Behringer T1 can handle all the low-frequency content you can throw at it, and still provide all the definition your sound source deserves.
Cardioid Polar Pattern
The Behringer T1 features a tight cardioid pattern, which reduces the pickup of sound from the sides and rear for improved source isolation. The included custom shock mount fits all standard microphone stands and provides further isolation from external sources of vibration, such as sounds transmitted through floor joists, outside traffic, etc.
The included Behringer PSUT dedicated power supply provides the voltage for the tube preamplifier and houses a low cut switch that can be used to reduce the low frequency response, if so desired. The included 7-pin multi-core cable supplies power to the microphone and routes the audio signal to the XLR socket on the Behringer PSUT.
Behringer T1 Value
When it comes to value, Behringer has always been an industry leader. The T1 tube condenser microphone takes that legacy to the next level, providing studio-grade quality at incredibly consumer-friendly pricing. This great sounding microphone is so affordable, you'll want one for your main vocals, one for backup vocals, and another for the bass rig.