The BKE Beat Thang by Dallas Austin Mobile Music Production Studio provides the incredible features, huge sounds, and portability needed in the 21st century. The BKE Beat Thang offers the features of a classic professional sequencer, sampler, drum machine but with a completely reimagined workflow, true software/DAW integration, easy online updates and connectivity, and a massive stock library of thousands of modern, professionally mastered original sounds.
BKE Beat Thang by Dallas Austin Mobile Music Production Studio Features
What is the Beat Thang
- Powerful standalone sampling groove machine that lets you create electronic music anywhere
- Onboard 16-track real-time sequencer with playable mute and solo functions lets you create
- patterns and preform remixes on the fly
- One octave pad layout with 8 banks lets you lay down beats and play keys over 8 octaves
- 16 layers of velocity sensitivity per pad lets you create expressive performances
- Onboard effects include filters, delays, reverb, chorus, Disintegrator, overdrive, distortion, phaser, chorus/flanger, pitch shifter, vibrato, vinyl effects, and much more
- FX open-source LADSPA plug-ins allow future expandability
- Onboard mastering lets you add power and impact to your tracks
- Integrates seamlessly with Beat Thang Virtual plug-in software
- Export WAV or AIFF files of your songs and loops for easy import to your DAW
- Import WAV or AIFF to use as loops or samples
- Record your own samples directly via the built-in XLR/stereo TRS combo jack
- Fully editable samples with clear waveform view
- Edit start and end points
- Normalize, Reverse and Resample to customize your sounds
- Autochop function allows you to quickly create mash up parts and custom kits from your samples
- Realtime and post-recording quantization
- Swing control lets you add shuffle to your patterns
- Song mode lets you string patterns together
- Virtually no load time when you switch beats and kits
- 32gb Secure Digital memory card formats (not included)
- 24-bit or 16bit/44.1kHz sampling, playback, and audio export
- USB and MIDI interfaces
- 3.5 inch color TFT display allows for quick and easy navigation of menus
- Fully illuminating controls for increased visibility in low-light situations
- Mod and pitch wheels for simple sound adjustments
- Foot switch control through MIDI or 3-button 1/4 inch jack for simple operation
- K-Lock security slot
Brought to you by BKE and 2-time Grammy winner Dallas Austin, the Beat Thang is a breakthrough product in the world of sample-based music production. The world's first fully portable professional workstation, Beat Thang allows you to create your own beats, grooves, and electronic music compositions wherever and whenever you want.
With the BKE Beat Thang production workstation, you can pick from an extensive array of thousands of original, high-quality sounds, upload your own, or plug in a mic and record new samples with ease. Designed to feel and play more instrument-like than other workstations, Beat Thang’s expressive controls and no-nonsense workflow make laying down tracks quick and surprisingly easy.
Beat Thang's innovative controls and rugged, portable design makes this standalone sampling studio all you need to make beats and grooves on the go. Every control surface, from the velocity-sensitive chromatic pads to the side-mounted pitch and modulation wheels, was engineered to give you greater artistic control over your samples and manipulating effects. With function-dedicated buttons, a useful file-filtering system, and multi-purpose scroll knobs, navigating BKE Beat Thang's menus and directories is a cinch.
Great music starts with great sounds. That's why BKE paired up with the best producers and players to give the Beat Thang a massive, all-original sound library packed with over 3000 premium electronica, dance, hip hop, funk, R&B, rock, pop, and world samples, chops, and loops. Also included with Beat Thang is an impressive collection of over 1000 premium samples from the private collection of Grammy-winning super-producer Dallas Austin.
This is just the beginning, as the Beat Thang allows you to edit and manipulate just about every aspect of your samples through advanced waveform editing, non-destructive autochop, timestretch, and pitch-shifting features, as well as over 60 studio-quality effects. This state-of-the-art beat machine gives you all of the layering, slicing, sampling, and sound-creation tools you need to make fully polished tracks, while over 300 pre-constructed kits, patterns, and acoustic and electronic instruments give you loads of content to hit the ground running.
Ins and Outs
While the BKE Beat Thang is a fully independent production workstation, it's extensive I/O lets you seamlessly connect to your other gear. Plug in your external controller, keyboards, or sound modules with MIDI In/Out and multi-functional USB A and B ports, and quickly load your samples and projects through USB keys, external hard drives, or through one of two (2) 32 GB SD card slots. An XLR combo jack with Phantom Power lets you record mics or guitars directly on the Beat Thang, and BKE's AU/VST plug-in software, aptly named Beat Thang Virtual, offers file sharing, drag/drop functionality, and DAW integration rarely seen in a true hardware device.
The team at BKE is fully committed to being there for you. You will receive free, lifetime live technical support from trained engineers and producers, as well as access to tons of online training and tutorial video content. And because the Beat Thang operating system is capable of future online upgrades via USB, BKE offers lifetime free upgrades so you can enjoy software and firmware enhancements for years to come.
With excellent build-quality, an impressive workflow, and a vast feature and all-original sound set, the BKE Beat Thang music production studio is quickly emerging as one of the most popular options in the world for sample based production, groove-making, and live performance.