Bose Companion 5 Multimedia Speaker System
Experience your games, music and videos in a whole new fashion with the Bose® Companion® 5 Multimedia Speaker System. This three-piece sound system provides the user with multi-channel sound that provides the effect of more expensive surround sound systems. Included in this speaker system is two sleek and elegant desktop speakers along with a hideaway Acoustimass module. This easy setup is conveniently mobile, and takes up little of your precious desktop space, while giving you the crystal clear sound you desire. The single USB connection to your computer makes it easy for those that aren't technically inclined to receive the same benefits as those that are. And for those that are technical gurus you’ll save tons of time!
Audiophiles all over the globe love the effectiveness of their five-speaker sound systems when watching their favorite movies in their own home theatre. However, five speakers can seem like overkill for most computers or laptops. That is where the Bose Companion 5 system comes in allowing game, music and video enthusiasts to receive all of the benefits of a surround system without the bulk. A true audiophile’s dream come true!
Bose Companion 5 Multimedia Speaker System Features
- Specially engineered speaker arrays come fully assembled on stands for optimum performance and more usable desktop space
- Handy control pod houses volume control, single-touch mute, headphone jack and connection for a second audio source such as an MP3 player
- Compact Acoustimass module provides clean low frequencies, allowing the desktop speakers to be very small without sacrificing performance
- Proprietary TrueSpace® surround digital processing circuitry reproduces enveloping sound from just two visible speakers
- Single USB connection links the system to your computer
- Digital 5.1 audio playback brings music, games, movies and other 5.1-encoded material to life
- Magnetically shielded satellite speakers prevent monitor interference or damage to magnetic media
- Proprietary integrated signal processing delivers lifelike performance at almost any volume level
- Compression circuitry keeps your music clear and undistorted at high volume levels
- Active electronic equalization balances low, mid and high frequencies for more natural tone and clarity
Bose's exclusive TrueSpace surround digital processing circuitry spreads the sound around you, so the enveloping effects seem to come from areas where there aren't even any speakers. The experience is developed especially for computer listening—putting you right in the middle of the music, the game, the special effects.
Easy to Set Up and Use
Hookup requires only a single USB connection from the computer speaker system to your PC or laptop—no special software, hardware or sound card upgrade needed.* A handy, all-in-one control pod keeps volume control, single-touch mute, headphone jack and auxiliary input within easy reach. The small, elegant desktop computer speakers come mounted on stands for optimum performance and extra desktop space.
For optimum performance, Bose recommend Windows XP or later. For Macintosh computers, OS X 10.4.6 or later.0