The Bogner Alchemist Tube Guitar Amplifier Head embodies a modern approach to vintage designs.
Inspired by the voicing and culture of classic Californian-flavored amplifier designs, the Alchemist will deliver the chimey, sparkling cleans, creamy, touch-sensitive leads and bright and colorful crunch associated with its predecessors. Features include two independent channels and a four-button foot switch that is entirely flexible and designed to compliment the sounds of any single-coils and humbuckers--both vintage and modern. Featuring a selectable power section, from 40 to 20 watts, the Alchemist sonority quickly transforms to display a very different kind of magic. When switched to 20 watts, Alchemist undergoes a complete sonic metamorphosis, changing its harmonic complexity and feel to conjure the essence of the legendary Brown sound.
Bogner Alchemist Tube Guitar Amplifier Head
- 6L6 class-AB power section and five-12AX7 preamp; selectable power section
- Channel 1 (gold): Gain, Treble, Mid, Bass, Volume, Crunch mode, variable Bright, Deep switch
- Channel 2 (mercury): Gain, Treble, Mid, Bass, Volume, variable Bright, Mid Shift
- Shared: in parallel, Reverb Type, Reverb Level, Delay Type, Delay Level, Delay Repeats (Feedback), Tap Tempo
- Four-button footswitch included. Functions: Channel Select, Boost, Delay, Reverb
Beginning clean and fast, featuring an open top-end and tight bottom-end, Channel 1 opens gradually to present simmering blues tones that churn like spirits in a cauldron. Advancing toward saturation, Crunch mode turns up the heat adding pick response and increased tonal complexity. Channel 2, achieving critical mass, invokes the famous white-hot Bogner gain: creamy, modern and screaming with sustain.
As your sound materializes, give it life and depth with Reverb and Delay in variable styles and levels. On their own journey, the effects remain separate from the original signal, occupying their own circuit. The result is a rich, living and breathing, fully realized resonance composed entirely of nature, philosophy and maybe a little magic.