Bogner Ecstasy Blue Overdrive Guitar Effects Pedal
The Bogner Ecstasy Blue Overdrive Guitar Effects Pedal brilliantly captures the classic blue channel tone of the legendary Ecstasy amplifier in a compact pedal format that will bring huge versatility on stage and in the studio! This pedal delivers iconic and classic rock-n-roll crunch. Along with amazing Plexi tones, the Bogner Ecstasy Blue pedal can absolutely crush when you need it to.
Reinhold Bogner designed the Ecstasy Blue pedal with four discrete Class A gain stages and with no op-amps or diode clipping, mirroring the circuitry of the Ecstasy amp’s blue channel. This revolutionary approach provides clarity, touch sensitivity and note separation never before achieved in overdrive pedals.
Bogner Ecstasy Blue Overdrive Guitar Effects Pedal Features
- True Bypass
- Class A gain stages with no op-amps or diode clipping
- Volume, Treble, Middle, Bass and Gain controls
- Foot controllable boost with independent gain and volume controls
- Boost function with independently lit volume and gain controls
- Variac On/Off switch adds a dropped voltage dynamic compression to the feel and sound
- Mode Switch: Plexi and Blue offers vintage lower gain or modified higher gain levels
- Pre-Eq Switch: B1, N and B2 settings control openness and presence of higher range harmonics
- Structure Switch: 100, 101 and 20th Anniversary settings offer EQ shifts and gain structures from various models of Ecstasy amps
- Input and output connectors
- Remote jack allows control of the on/off and boost functions via a remote switching unit
- Low battery indicator
- 9V battery powered
- 9VDC power supply connector
- Double sided gold plated circuit boards
- German Wima, Japanese Nichicon capacitors and gold plated relays
- Carling footswitches switches
The Ecstasy Blue overdrive pedal is powered by a standard 9V battery or 9V power supply. Reinhold’s advanced circuitry internally elevates the voltage to a substantially higher level. This higher voltage provides a greater dynamic range which closely resembles the feel of the Bogner Ecstasy amplifier’s legendary tube design.
Since 1989, Reinhold Bogner’s compelling, respected and sought-after tube amplifiers have graced the stages and studios of elite players throughout the world. Based on these legendary designs the new Ecstasy pedals represent the culmination of Reinhold’s sonic skill and creative vision. The Ecstasy amplifier was born in 1992 and decades later Bogner is still hand building each amp, one at a time, in Los Angeles, California.