The Boomerang III Loop Station provides the same serial play style as the Boomerang+, where loops play-out one after another, but also adds Serial Master Play Style where you can sync a master loop (whichever loop is recorded first becomes the master) to play simultaneously with another loops in the series. The Boomerang III can create rhythmic backgrounds behind the melodic loops to create a deep sounding ambience especially for solo players.
A Version 2 upgrade for the Boomerang III pedal is available by contacting Boomerang through their website. The Version 2 upgrade offers:
Boomerang III Features
- Sync Play Style
- All loops can play simultaneously and are synced so they stay together
- Free Play Style
- All loops can play simultaneously and are NOT synced
- Great for creating ambient soundscapes
- Loop 3 or 4 Sampled Phrases while adding a part or stacking loops
- Undo/Redo loops or the last part of a stacked loop
- Erasing of loops one at a time or all at once even while another plays
- Loop copying even while its actively playing
- Copy Live enables re-sampling where the pedal's output is routed to a new loop
- Loops can be played at half speed and an octave lower
- Reverse loops to have them played backwards
- 48KHz or 24KHz sample rates both with 20 bit samples
- Thru signal is always 48KHz with 24 bit samples
Other features include Thru Mute Function
that turns off through signal, Expression Pedal Volume Control
where you can connect an optional expression pedal and it will be the master playback volume control, Loop Playback Volume Knob
to adjust the loop playback volume, Decay Rate Knob for setting the rate at which earlier parts fade when new ones are added and Stereo or Mono
recording and playback depending completely on which of the Smart Jacks you use. Smart Jacks
sense which jacks are being used and provides different signal routing options.
Loop options include Once where a loop plays one time through then stops or if already playing, it stops at its end. Fade allows loops fade in or out with one button press; fades can be 3 to 43 seconds. Reverse Solo is an effect that enables you to create reverse leads live.