From a Legacy of Portable and Affordable Multi-trackers; Boss Offers the BR800!
A complete, portable music-production solution, Boss' BR800 continues its top-selling tradition of compact, easy to use multi-tracking. Able to run on 6 AA batteries, the BR800 is literally a studio to go. The sleek, thin design is made possible by touch-sensor switches and SD-card recording media.
Record up to four tracks simultaneously and listen back to all eight tracks at once, not to mention the additional stereo track that has been dedicated to the built-in rhythm generator. Powerful onboard effects processing on the BR800 includes GT10/10B effects, VE20 vocal effects and harmonies, and COSM-based acoustic-guitar body modeling; while the EZ Recording feature interactively guides through the recording process. The built-in stereo microphone allows the user to record an instant Song Sketch to keep fresh ideas recorded for future tampering.
Boss BR800 Features
- 4-track simultaneous recording, 8-track simultaneous playback
- with additional dedicated stereo rhythm track playback
- EZ Recording interactively guides through the recording process
- Powerful guitar, bass, and vocal effects derived from Boss's flagship processors
- Song Sketch recording for quick stereo capture in WAV format
- Built-in advanced drum machine with editor software
- Functions as a USB audio interface and DAW control surface
- Cakewalk SONAR 8.5 LE software with full audio loops and backing tracks included
- Built-in stereo condenser microphone for instant recording
- Sleek interface based on touch sensors
- 1GB SD included (supports up to 32GB SDHC card)
- Runs on six AA batteries/USB bus power/AC adaptor (included)
Whether you're creating intricate, multi-layered songs or point-and-capture field recordings, the BR800 makes the recording process fast and easy. Beginners will love the EZ Recording mode that interactively guides you through the recording process. Other helpful features include the convenient Retry function, which recues automatically to fix mistakes, and Song Sketch recording for instant, one-touch capture. There’s also a built-in stereo condenser microphone plus a DR880-quality rhythm generator for adding drum and percussion tracks to your songs.
Enhance your recordings with the powerful Boss effects onboard the BR800. Many of the effects are derived from Boss's flagship processors, including vocal effects from the VE-20, COSM guitar/bass amps and effects from the GT10 series, modeled acoustic-guitar body effects from the AP-1 preamp, which imparts pro-quality miked-up sound and rich body tone to line-recorded acoustic guitar. You'll be amazed at how much processing power is built into this little recorder, and how excellent the effects sound.
You can power the BR800 from the included AC adaptor, or, for ultimate mobility, it can be powered from six AA batteries. Record anywhere! Stereo microphones are also built into the BR800 for instant Song Sketch recordings - great for capturing song ideas (acoustic guitar and vocals, for example) from any location.
The BR800's USB compatibility enables a variety of functionality with computers. Connected to a PC, the BR800 will function as a USB audio interface for recordings that utilize the internal effects. The BR800 can also function as a control surface for DAW software.