The Cascade Gomez Short Ribbon Microphone with Lundahl Transformer combines premium components with superior finish. This ‘Gomez’ Michael Joly Edition ribbon mic utilizes a short, single-ribbon motor for broad vertical and horizontal pickup free from the off-axis coloration found in dual ribbon mics.
The structure of the Gomez ribbon motor provides a tailored high frequency response ideal for guitar cab use or vintage-sounding soft top vocals. In a new innovation, the ribbon motor is installed in an optimized headbasket: a round, single layer grille designed to offer an open sound with reduced internal standing waves.
Cascade Microphones Gomez Short Ribbon Microphone Includes:
- Gomez Ribbon Microphone with Lundahl LL2913 Transformer
- Aluminum case
- Premium suspension shockmount
- Drawcord cloth storage pouch
- Micro-fiber cleaning cloth
- Specifications and typical measurement report
The Cascade Microphones Gomez Michael Joly Edition features a renowned Lundahl ribbon mic transformer, custom PCB board, high-quality Switchcraft XLR connector and Evidence Audio LYRIC HG wire with IGL copper. The microphone is packaged in a sturdy and attractive aluminum case with shock mount. It comes with a signed and dated ‘Certificate of Performance’ documenting a multi-step inspection, assembly and performance approval process - including certification of proper ribbon tension.
Cascade Microphones Gomez Short Ribbon Microphone Features
- Combines premium components with superior finish
- Utilizes a short, single-ribbon motor for broad vertical and horizontal pickup
- Ribbon motor provides a tailored high frequency response ideal for guitar cab use or soft top vocals
- Ribbon motor is installed in an optimized headbasket
- Features a renowned Lundahl ribbon mic transformer
- Custom PCB board, high-quality Switchcraft XLR connector
- Evidence Audio LYRIC HG wire with IGL copper