Cloud Microphones Cloudllfter CL2 Mic Activator
A two channel Mic Gain Booster, the Cloud Microphones Cloudlifter CL2 Mic Activator offers Low-gain dynamic and ribbon mics that extra boost you need to add needed volume for recording and live performance mixes. The CL2 cleanly boosts two mic signals before the preamp while being powered by phantom power. The Cloudlifter CL2 adds up to +25dB of perfectly transparent gain to your signal, giving low-output mics a major boost which can make even budget microphones sound clean and professional.
Cloud Microphones Cloudlifter CL2 Mic Activator Features
- 2-channel version of the CL1
- Up to 25dB additional active output for Passive mics
- 2 ultra-clean gain stages using 4 hand-matched JFETs
- Easy to use self contained design requires only phantom power
- Perfect for dynamic and passive ribbon mics with no transfer of phantom
- Utilizes Patent Pending Ultra-transparent Discrete D/C JFET circuitry
- Ideal impedance loading for optimal performance @3Kohms
- Rugged, road ready and portable, for studio, stage and broadcasting
- Free lifetime limited warranty for parts and labor, with registration
- Handcrafted entirely in the USA
The Cloudlifter CL2 is also ideal for use with any ribbon mic, since it changes the phantom power that can hurt them into the extra gain they require. Install techs and live sound engineers love the CL2, because it can provide long cable runs with enough energy to ward off noise. It’s also excellent for acoustic guitars with XLR outputs, giving them an immediate dose of extra gain that prevents noise from infiltrating your sound. Whether you work in sound reinforcement or in a studio, you’ll find endless uses for this amazing device!
Using patent pending technology that keeps the direct audio path free-and-clear of transformers, capacitors, and resistors, the CL2 houses direct-coupled, discrete JFET circuitry that delivers world class, ultra-clean gain while preserving the natural sonic characteristics of the source.
Handcrafted entirely in the USA
Like all Cloud Microphones products, the Cloudlifter Mic Activator series is handcrafted using environmentally friendly methods, entirely in the USA.
Fire up your low-gain mics and long cable runs, with a Cloudlifter CL2 Mic Activator from Cloud Microphones!
Notes 25dB boost for low-output passive mics. Requires phantom power to operate, but does not pass phantom power to microphone.
Cloudlifters are recommended for improving the signal to noise ratio and performance of passive microphone/preamp combinations with the following:
- Recording direct into a DAW interface
- Noisy or low gain preamps
- Mixers/preamps that negatively impact the sound at higher gain setting
- Passive ribbon microphones
- Low-output dynamic microphones
- Miking softer sound sources such as acoustic instruments and voice
- Long cable runs (output)