- Manufacturer Info
- Also Purchased
- Video & Docs
Light weight, rugged design, and enough power to handle almost any speaker system.
The Crown Macro-Tech 12000i Power Amplifier is a solid-state two-channel touring sound power amp with a switch-mode universal power supply.
Crown Macro-Tech 12000i Power Amplifier Features
- The Macro-Tech i Series continues the Crown Macro-Tech legacy of unparalleled sonic accuracy and detail, putting sound quality above all else
- Patented, cutting-edge Class-I circuitry gets more power out of an amplifier with less waste
- Rugged construction ensures that all Macro-Techs are built to withstand years of abuse on the road
- Global Power Supply is designed to deliver maximum power no matter what country you work in
- Built-in load, line voltage, input and output monitoring
- Standard Ethernet networking via System Architect lets system
- 20 amp IEC power cord included
The outputs on the Crown Macro-Tech 12000i are usable as dual or bridged-mono modes of operation. The bridged-mono mode bridges the outputs to provide increased output voltage.
The Crown Macro-Tech 12000i power amp offers amazing power, light weight and ease of use for touring sound applications. This amp includes onboard analog signal processing and a built-in network connection.
I-TECH Power Specs:
|Power Output Guaranteed minimum power in watts at 20 Hz-20 kHz with 0.1% THD
When we look at the power ratings of an amplifi er, we usually see more power output at 4 ohms than at 8 ohms, and more power at 2 ohms than at 4 ohms. Power goes up as load impedance goes down.
With I-Tech power amps, it’s different. The power output at 2 ohms is less than the power output at 4 or 8 ohms, for a good reason. Let’s explain.
I-Tech was designed to provide extremely high output voltage, which improves the transient response of loudspeakers. I-Tech amplifi ers operate with 200V rails at any impedance. With 200V rails, we’re looking at serious current levels at 2 ohms – 100 amperes! If not controlled, this high current can damage amplifi ers and speakers due to overheating.
To protect the amp and speakers, I-Tech uses current limiting, with more limiting at the lower impedances. This still allows lots of power and safe operation at 2 ohms. There is much less current limiting at 4 ohms and 8 ohms, so those impedances result in more power from the ITech than 2 ohms does.
To sum up: The I-Tech’s 2-ohm power is kept under control to keep the amp and speakers running safely, non-stop, with plenty of power for the job.
Crown Macro-Tech 12000i Power Amplifier Specifications
- Power Output(Guaranteed minimum power in watts at 20 Hz-20 kHz with 0.35% THD):
- 2-ohm Dual (per ch.) 20 mS Burst: 6,000 watts
- 2-ohm Dual (per ch.) 20 Hz – 20 kHz: 3,750 watts
- 2-ohm Dual (per ch.) 1 kHz: 3,750 watts
- 4-ohm Dual (per ch): 4,500 watts
- 8-ohm Dual (per ch): 2,100 watts
- 4-ohm Bridge: 7,500 watts
- 8-ohm Bridge: 9,000 watts
- Frequency Response (at 1 watt, 20 Hz - 20 kHz into 8 ohms): +/-0.25 dB
- Signal to Noise Ratio below rated full-bandwidth power, A-weighted: > 110 dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD) at 2 watts into 8 ohms: < 0.1%
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD) Plus Noise at full rated power: < 0.35%
- Intermodulation Distortion (IMD)60 Hz and 7 kHz at 4:1, from full rated output to –30 dB: < 0.35%
- Damping Factor (20 Hz to 100 Hz at 8 ohms): > 5000
- Crosstalk (below rated power, 20 Hz to 1 kHz): > 80 dB
- Common Mode Rejection (CMR) (20 Hz to 1 kHz): 55 dB, typically > 70 dB
- DC Output Offset (shorted input): < +/- 3 mV
- Input Impedance (nominal):
- 10 kilohms balanced
- 5 kilohms unbalanced
- Maximum Input Level: +20 dBu typical
- Load Impedance (Note: Safe with all types of loads):
- Stereo: 1/2/4/8/16 ohms.
- Bridge Mono: 2/4/8 ohms.
- Input Sensitivity (referenced to 8 ohm rated output): 1.4V, 32 dB gain, and 26 dB gain
- Voltage Gain (referenced to 8 ohm rated output): 39.3 dB to 24.5 dB
- Cooling: Dual-zone, microprocessor controlled, continuously variable speed fans,
- Front Panel: Cast aluminum with integrated handles.
- Weight: 28 pounds (12.7 kg)
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 19 x 3.5 x 16.2 inches
- Protection: Amplifier is protected against reactive loads, faults and shorts. If one channel experiences a catastrophic failure, the entire amplifier will shut down.
- Included Accessories: Rear rack ears, rack screws, operation manual, power cords (20 amp IEC power cord>, foam air filter.
Minimum Item Quantity 1 is required to purchase.
Item Quantity exceeds the limit 0 . Questions? Feel free to Call or Chat.