Crown XLS402D Power Amplifier
Crown XLS Power Amplifiers are cost-effective amplifiers engineered with hard-working mobile DJs and musicians in mind. These amps combine first-class reliability with a number of significant features. A high-pass filter (30Hz/15Hz/Off) and clip limiters on each channel enable the amp to work more efficiently and more safely. Housed in rugged, all-steel 3U chassis, each amp employs an efficient forced air fan. Their 4 LEDs indicate clip for each channel, power and fault conditions. Connections include XLR inputs and touch-proof binding post outputs. Crown backs all of their amps by an industry-exclusive 3-year, No-fault, Fully Transferable Warranty.
The XLS Series of power amplifiers from Crown represents a new era in affordable, quality power amplification. The line consists of three models in a uniform, rugged chassis, incorporating the best of tried-and-true design principles and innovative features. XLS Series amplifiers are professional stereo power amplifiers engineered to meet demanding audio requirements—reliably and within budget. Plus, every XLS Series amplifier is backed by Crown’s unequaled Three-Year, No-Fault, Fully-Transferrable Warranty that covers everything. With over five decades of experience designing and building rock-solid products, Crown is the standard in amp technology. So check out the affordable, Crown XLS Series. They are a powerful argument for quality and value!
Simple, reliable design incorporates many popular features.
- Selectable high-pass filter on each channel enables amplifier to work more efficiently when full band-width is not required.
- Pair of linear optocoupler clip limiters protects loudspeakers from being overdriven.
- Housed in a rugged, all-steel 3U chassis.
- Efficient forced-air fan prevents excessive thermal buildup.
- Electronically balanced XLR inputs and touch-proof binding post outputs.
- Features precision detented level controls, power switch, and four LEDs, which indicate clip for each channel, power and fault conditions.
- Three-Year, No-Fault, Fully-Transferrable Warranty completely protects your investment and guarantees its specifications.
Crown XLS402D Specifications
Power Output (1 kHz*)
*1 kHz Power: refers to maximum average power in watts at 1 kHz with 0.5% THD.
The following applies to units in Stereo mode with 8-ohm loads unless otherwise specified.
- Sensitivity (volts RMS) for full rated power at 4 ohms: 1.25 V
- Frequency Response (at 1 watt) 22 Hz to 20 kHz: +0 dB, -0.8 dB.
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (20 Hz to 20 kHz) A-weighted, below rated power: > 98 dB
- No weighting, below rated power: > 93 dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): < 0.5%
- Intermodulation Distortion (IMD): (60 Hz and 7 kHz at 4:1) from full rated output to -40 dB: < 0.3%.
- Damping Factor (8 ohm) 10 Hz to 400 Hz: >200.
- Crosstalk (below rated power)
- at 20 kHz: -58 dB
- Input Impedance (nominal): 20 kilohms balanced, 10 kilohms unbalanced
- Load Impedance: Rated for 4 to 8 ohms per channel in Stereo, 8 ohms in Bridge Mono
- AC Line Voltage and Frequency Configurations
Available (±10%): 120 VAC 60 Hz, 100 VAC 50/60 Hz, 220 VAC 50 Hz, and 230-240 VAC
- Level: Two front-panel rotary level controls, one for each channel
- Power: Front-panel switch; on when in the IN position
- Circuit Breaker: Back-panel breaker provides overload protection
- Mode Switch: Back-panel switch selects Dual or Bridge-Mono mode
- Signal Presence Indicators: Two green LEDs, one for each channel, illuminate when the channel’s input signal exceeds -40 dBu
- Clip Indicators: Two red LEDs, one for each channel, illuminate when the channel’s output is being overdriven
- Power Indicator: Blue LED indicates amplifier has been turned on and AC power is available
- Fault Indicator: Two red LEDs illuminate when amplifier is in protect mode. Also illuminates
briefly during normal power-up when amplifier is first switched on.
- Input Connectors: One per channel; backpanel 3-pin female XLR input connectors
- Output Connectors: Two 4-Pole Speakon® Output Connectors accept 2-pole or 4-pole Speakon connectors. The top Speakon connector is wired for both channels so it can be used for bridge-mono wiring or for stereo wiring of two speakers to a single Speakon connector. One pair of back-panel binding posts per channel; accepts banana plugs or bare wire. (European models do not accept banana plugs.)
- XLS Series amplifiers provide extensive protection and diagnostic capabilities, including output current limiting, DC protection, circuit breaker, and thermal protection.
- Ventilation: Flow-through ventilation from front to back.
- Internal heat sinks with forced-air cooling for rapid, uniform heat dissipation. Air Volume Requirements (per minute per unit): 80.15 ft³ (2.27 m³).
- EIA Standard 19-inch (48.3-cm)
rack mount width (EIA RS-310-B), 3.5-inch
(8.9-cm) height and 15.2-inch (38.6-cm) depth.
- Weight: 35.5 lbs.
Crown's Three Year, Full, No-Fault Warranty
Crown offers a Three Year, Full, No-Fault Warranty for every new Crown amplifier—an unsurpassed industry standard. With this unprecedented No-Fault protection, your new Crown amplifier is warranted to meet or exceed original specifications for the first three years of ownership. During this time, if your amplifier fails, or does not perform to original specifications, it will be repaired or replaced at our expense. About the only things not covered by this warranty are those losses normally covered by insurance and intentional abuse. And the coverage is transferable should you sell your amplifier.