The Cerwin Vega EL36C Folded Horn Earthquake PA Subwoofer
delivers outstanding audio performance and legendary Cerwin-Vega bass that will turn any environment into an earthquake zone! With six and a half feet of folded horn chamber length in the cabinet, the EL-36C Folded Horn Subwoofer has bass frequency extension similar to a 36 inch driver with even more SPL performance than its predecessor, the extremely popular EL-36B.
A striking die cast door has improved heat dissipation capabilities. Acoustic impedance balancing reduces cone rocking and distortion. The curved horn mouth bracing provides a smoother frequency response. Enhanced front corner bracing plus a deep, reinforced pole offer additional durability and reliability. Perfect for live sound, mobile DJs, and club applications.
Folded Horn Technology
Cerwin-Vega’s latest folded horn subwoofer systems utilize an incredibly efficient folded hyperbolic horn design. This enables the enclosure to contain a longer sound path which amplifies the bass frequencies while keeping the enclosure compact in size for portability. The path length and flare rate delivers bone crushing low-end down to 30Hz.
The design of practical, portable bass horns has always challenged audio engineers because low frequency wavelengths are so large (e.g., 22.5 ft/6.9 m at 50 Hz) that they require a long horn. The challenge to reduce the horn’s dimensions without decreasing its length results in a technique that involves “folding” the horn. This technique collapses the physical dimensions of the horn without reducing its length by physically folding the horn within a cabinet.
The Cerwin-Vega! folded horns have been acoustically optimized to achieve high output and low distortion while maintaining clarity and impact. Special attention to rear chamber, throat geometry, and horn profile results in a folded horn design that doesn’t exhibit the typical horn coloration of competing products.
Cerwin-Vega! folded horns, on average, produce 6 dB more output at 1 watt than a dual 18 inch vented box. This result is four times the output with half the number of drivers. Purchase costs are drastically reduced due to the need for fewer cabinets. A smaller number of cabinets is able to deliver a superior level of clean clear bass. Powering far fewer cabinets yields large cost savings in amplification. The net result is loud sub bass that moves enough air to blow the hairpiece off the competition.
Of course, the C-Series folded horn systems have integrated wheels and a new Cerwin-Vega! ergonomic handle for easier transportability. The ergonomic design allows the Series to be moved by a single person.
Cerwin Vega EL36C Folded Horn Earthquake PA Subwoofer Features
- Six and a half feet of folded horn chamber length in the cabinet
- Thunderous bass frequency extension similar to a 36 inch driver
- Rugged cast aluminum C-Series door has improved heat dissipation capabilities
- Rounded horn mouth creates smoother frequency response
- Acoustic impedance balancing reduces cone rocking and distortion
- Steel front corner bracing to improve cabinet strength
- Redesigned durable Multi-ply construction
- An extra-deep, reinforced pole cup that keeps pole-mounted speakers stable
- Integrated wheels and a new Cerwin-Vega! ergonomic handle for easier transportability
- Optimized for use with all Cerwin-Vega! full range top cabinets to create dedicated system solutions